Selling an R2 pop up saber

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Hey guys,

So im thinking of selling my R2 with pop up saber to help me purchase a new guitar amp, but im really concerned about how to sell this. I really want this to be a collect in person piece purely because of the issues with people claiming the saber is repro when it isn't. Ive heard stories of people sending a complete R2 only for the buyer to switch the saber for a repro one and insist it is fake and what was sent with the figure.

Really stuck for ideas here, or do I get it graded before sale?

Thanks

Lee

wrighty

Sith Lord
It's really sad that it has come to this, no safe place to sell. I would suggest selling to someone that you know or someone that knows the person or bring it to FF, but that's a few months away!! Tough one!!

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Here is the little bastard :D

Attachments

• r2_pop_3.jpg
    r2_pop_3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,063
  • r2_pop_4.jpg
    r2_pop_4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,069
  • r2_pop_up_2.jpg
    r2_pop_up_2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,062
  • r2_pop_up_ebay.jpg
    r2_pop_up_ebay.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,064

poncho

Grand Master
sell to a forum member or a well active and known member on a facebook collecting group.

id steer clear of ebay.

lejackal

Grand Master
Grading would stop the switching but with the crease it may not get that high a grade so could have a negative impact on the price achieved.

As said I'm sure there are plenty of trusted members you could sell to, the key is that you're comfortable with the price you get and who you deal with.

Good luck either way

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
As above just sell it somewhere you trust to somebody you trust. Agree it's not worth the risk of eBay-ing it.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
As others have already said avoid ebay like the plague, too many barstewards on there trying to get stuff for free from honest sellers! Im sure soomeone on here would be happy to buy it from you plus no 10% ebay fees :D

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Lee, sell here mate and then choose to who you sell from the responses. I don't see much benefit in selling on one of the FB groups as there's just as many roads on there as ebay.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
How much would you be looking for as this is one of the droids iv been looking for.

Darthgulliver

Padawan
Morning Lee If you are looking to sell please bear me in mind you will have no hassle and would pay a fair price. If you want to pm me to discuss a deal then please do . Whatever you do with it mate i probably wouldnt grade it as i think it will get graded down quite badly because of the sticker. Thanks Tony

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I can't get over the price of this now. I have only been able to find graded pieces on eBay all the loose have repro sabers or terrible condition.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Stubbs said:
I can't get over the price of this now. I have only been able to find graded pieces on eBay all the loose have repro sabers or terrible condition.

Totally agree, back in the 90s had one loose and one POTF, would need to sell an organ to be able to afford to replace them now.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
I am trying to put a last 17 run together and this r2 is proving to be very hard. I had this image in my head of having to pay £150 for one. Never thought it would be a ton on that. Iv never owned one.

yoda

Sith Lord
And to think about it now I had a chance of a pop up R2 moc about 4 months ago for £280. Why did I not take it :roll:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
yoda said:
And to think about it now I had a chance of a pop up R2 moc about 4 months ago for £280. Why did I not take it :roll:
Hindsight, what a wonderful thing.:roll:

yoda

Sith Lord
Mini99 said:
yoda said:
Hindsight, what a wonderful thing.:roll:

I know the card and bubble wasn't in the best of shape but at least everything was original.
Reading now about these prices I don't believe I'll ever be fit to afford buying a carded pop up R2 if they are continually rising.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom