Dixie Cups- Cup by cup .. character /film scene

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So I had mention this before but finally got round to checking through my Dixie cups and thought it would be good to share with you all ( or rather those interested) the super cool art work on each of the cups . Now I know there are focus collectors out there who may find this particlerly interesting as there's a few unusual ones here with some great pictures. Please note I'm not selling any of these but rather sharing something vintage that maybe to some ,a first time seeing it and an education as such to what you could add or hunt for !
Any way I'm planning to do this weekly , just for a bit of fun and pick a different one each week ( it may get boring for some but for others I think it's a little vintage treat !)
I'm currently showing the Dixie cups that were first released in the Star Wars eddition ( the first official Star Wars licensed ones I believe ?)
So I'll start of with Luke Farmboy. A few cups in this box have him featured but these 2 stand out. So here we go.... Enjoy!
Cheers ⚒

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,350
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,345
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,341

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
I luv these cups just takes me back to the style of the late 70's early 80's just need the flowery wallpaper and brown yellow and orange Tupperware :D

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I have the Han box, but its sealed... never seen the Han Solo cup in the round like that before. I must get an openbox/loose cup to add to my focus.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Love theses... 8)
Recently picked up these 4 boxes, the artwork is so cool.
IMG_20170520_012959.jpg

Just picked up a near complete set of 38 SW cups, 16 Character, 7 Vehicles and 15 scenes...can't wait to get them in hand!

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Was these cups released before or after the movie was ? I ask because the art work for Vader , leia and luke looks movie accurate but Han Solo looks more concept anyone agree ?

bobbybobs

Padawan
I love these!

I've only ever been interested in the figures but lately the guys on Tantive and on the Beyond the Toys FB group have gotten me interested in all of these oddball type collectibles. Think I need to invest in some Luke dixie cups :) Thanks for sharing!

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Nice pick ups Dublinjeff! Cheers guys for comments. Will carry on with this now I know I've got a few interested!

Now next up is everyone's favourite lovable droid R2D2. Jawa lovers ( nick :) ) will also be of interest as the picture/ scene chosen here is of R2D2 being captured by them pesky little cloaked jawas ! Great colours as with most of these Dixie cups and the word description on this cup particularly cracks me up. It reads as follow:-
.."R2D2 is a Short Claw-Armed Tripod Robot who speaks only in Electric sounds .." I mean I've never read him described as this before , any of u collectors ? Love this cup and hope u guys do too :D
Hopefully I'll not be so long posting up my next cup
Ricky

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,239

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So next up is Walrus-Man . As you can see nice bright colours used and some cool text on the cup. It reads " Walrus-man is just one of several weird and exotic Alien creatures and monsters that are to be found in the Cantina at Mos Eisley" .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 1,217
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,215
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,219

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
So next up is everyone's favourite young hero , Luke Skywalker. This cup is super cool in my opinon as it has the Landspeeder on it. Text reads " was a young farmer until he learned the Power of the Force .This knowledge aided him in his fight against the Evil Empire.
Enjoy

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,198
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 1,203

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Cheers mark. It's a joy to find an excuse to pick the cups up and take a Butchers at there cool colours and read the text
Ricky ⚒

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Next up is the Tusken Raider .Another nice peice of artwork. Text on cup reads :-
" or Sand people " as they are other wise called. Are the Barbaric nomads of Tatoonie deserts .They make there raids riding great Mammoth-like beasts called Banthas.
Cheers
Ricky ⚒

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,174
  • IMG_3339.JPG
    IMG_3339.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,178

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Very cool, Ricky. The art, descriptions and boxes make these very worthy items for any collection. Great to see them properly :)

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Cheers Simon. Glad you share the love/appreciation for these cool pieces. Yeh hollow tubes for sure Aid!
Now for the next figure of the week:
Ben (obi-won)Kenobi
Text on cup reads as follows:-
"Is a Good and just Warrior of the Old Republic
He possesses a Special Knowledge of the Force "
Love the fact he's described as a "Just Warrior " not the description that always comes to mind when I think of Ben but of course we all know this fella could use a Saber!
Think the art work here is great as usual and nice colours
Hope u enjoy it
Cheers Ricky ⚒

Attachments

• IMG_3326.JPG
    IMG_3326.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,048
  • IMG_3325.JPG
    IMG_3325.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,062

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Next up is Grand Moff Tarkin . Not much out there for this cHap so nice item. Text on cup reads as follows- " Is the Imperial Governer of the Deart Star,an Enormous Battleship That is Capable of Destroying An Entire Planet with One of its Blast" .
As before the colours are cool and Death Star is also shown so double bubble
Enjoy ,Ricky ⚒

Attachments

• IMG_3355.JPG
    IMG_3355.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_3356.JPG
    IMG_3356.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,049

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Next up is that cool looking droid, the Death Star Droid. Art work as usual rather smart and text reads .....
"One of many Droids used by the Empire.
He is easily recognised by his Fearful Insect-like Face ."
Think this one is particularly cool as it includes a picture of he's face enlarged next to a picture of him standing /posing . Plus the added bonus of it featuring the Death Star itself .
Ricky ⚒

Attachments

• IMG_3328.JPG
    IMG_3328.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_3327.JPG
    IMG_3327.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,041

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Hammerhead- super cool art work here
Text reads "is one of several Star Wars cantina characters .Hes brain is in the hump of he's neck and he breathes through the opening of he's chest ."
I mean that's what you call some serous vintage Star Wars info ! " Breathes through he's opening of he's chest " and "he's brain is on the hump of he's neck"! Love it !
Ricky ⚒

Attachments

• IMG_3360.JPG
    IMG_3360.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,024
  • IMG_3361.JPG
    IMG_3361.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,031
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom