Was all star wars toy sold in your country ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Was everything sold in your country or was there items that was not sold in your country or items that you have never found proof about was sold in your country ?

I am not sure about all star wars toy was sold in denmark. There is still many items that I have never found in Denmark. Maybe it is because Denmark was a very little market for star wars toy.

Last Night I was looking in some old danish toy catalogs and I learned that the B-wing Fighter was sold in Denmark. But I have never found one in Denmark.

other items that I remember that I have not found proof about was sold in Denmark is

R2-D2 and C-3PO from 1977.
Patrol Dewback
Tie Fighter from 1978.
Imperial Troop Transporter
Land Speeder
Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler
Sonic Controlled Land Speeder
Cantina Adventure Set
Creature Cantina Action Playset
Death Star Space Station
Palitoy Death Star
Droid Factory
Land Of The Jawas Action Playset
Early Bird Certificate Package
Collector's Action Stand
All the Vinyl Storage Cases.
Tauntaun
Twin-Pod Cloud Car
Cloud City Playset
Dagobah Action Playset
Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set
Rebel Command Center
Turret/Probot Playset
Display Arena
Imperial Shuttle Vehicle
The Jabba The Hutt Dungeon Action Playset
Chewbacca Bandolier Strap
Security Scout Vehicle
Imperial Sniper Vehicle
One Man Sand Skimmer Vehicle
Tatooine Skiff Vehicle
Ewok Battle Wagon Vehicle
Endor Chase Complete Playpack
Ewok Combat Complete Playpack
Hoth Rescue Complete Playpack

All the Ewoks and Droids cartoon figures.

ATL Interceptor Vehicle
Side Gunner Vehicle
A-Wing Fighter

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I don't know for sure, but I do remember some kids had family who would get them stuff in the USA that I'd never seen at home, but that could be due to my limited range and being used to what I found locally, so maybe everything was available, somewhere in the UK. :)

scooternick

Jedi Knight
I used to think twin pod cloud car was usa only and a grail piece back in my childhood!! My neighbour had one from the states. Turns out they were sold in uk.

x-pack

Grand Master
I would guess all the Jedi stuff was sold in the UK. Not so sure about other earlier lines. For example, 12 inch figures, action display stand, Cantina. Were these US only? The whole Micro line run?

Other things like stationary, stickers, letrasets, books, comics. Guys on here will know for sure

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
I remember looking at cardbacks as a child and wanting a sandcrawler and dewback I don't remember ever seeing those in a shop were they available in the U.K.?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nita Nitro said:
I don't know for sure, but I do remember some kids had family who would get them stuff in the USA that I'd never seen at home, but that could be due to my limited range and being used to what I found locally, so maybe everything was available, somewhere in the UK. :)

I have heard the same here in denmark. I have talked with a few guys who was in the uk to buy star wars because not all could be bought in denmark and others got it mailed from the usa.

so maybe some items was not available in the uk :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
scooternick said:
I used to think twin pod cloud car was usa only and a grail piece back in my childhood!! My neighbour had one from the states. Turns out they were sold in uk.

So it was maybe just rare in the uk :D

A friend of mine is really sure about that he saw the A-Wing for sale in the 80s in denmark. But I have never seen it :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
x-pack said:
I would guess all the Jedi stuff was sold in the UK. Not so sure about other earlier lines. For example, 12 inch figures, action display stand, Cantina. Were these US only? The whole Micro line run?

Other things like stationary, stickers, letrasets, books, comics. Guys on here will know for sure

I am not a palitoy expert, buy was the cantina not sold in a palitoy box ? :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
I remember looking at cardbacks as a child and wanting a sandcrawler and dewback I don't remember ever seeing those in a shop were they available in the U.K.?

interesting, I am 100% sure they were not sold in palitoy boxes so maybe they were not sold in the uk :?

Maybe some other uk members remember if they have seen them for sale in the uk ? :D

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I don't remember seeing the following in the UK:

Dewback;
Radio-controlled Sandcrawler;
Cloud City playset;
Hoth Ice Planet playset;
Jabba the Hutt dungeon;
IG-88 12" figure.

Then there's the more obvious ones like the US Death Star, US LotJ, US Landspeeder, etc...

I'd be interested to know if anyone else did.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
x-pack said:

The UK got its own versions of the 'Cantina', 'Land of the Jawas' and 'Droid Factory'. All 3 differ from their US counterparts, and not just in the design of the boxes. Palitoy had the UK license of course, but for reasons (I believe) of economy, they altered the contents / composition of all 3 playsets from the Kenner versions, chiefly by using much thinner (blown? Is that the correct term?) plastic for the bases, removing some items from them and or replacing others with cheaper alternatives.

The Palitoy 'Cantina' had cardboard doors and front to the bar, with only a plastic door-frame and bar top, plus a removable plastic table and a separate plastic action lever and a couple of plastic figure stands. The Kenner version had a fixed all-plastic bar and table incorporated into the base itself, plastic doors, plus action levers built into its much sturdier plastic base.

The Palitoy 'Land of the Jawas' similarly had a much thinner, non-action feature plastic base, a similar-looking, but actually far thinner cardboard backdrop Sandcrawler, and a completely different lift / elevator mechanism to its Kenner equivalent. The Palitoy one also came with the exact same action lever and figure stands that the Palitoy 'Cantina' did, plus it came with a free Jawa figure :). The Kenner version by contrast again had a much sturdier base with action levers built-in, plus a cave for a Jawa (not included!) to hide in, a much thicker corrugated cardboard Sandcrawler backdrop, and also came with a plastic escape pod.

The Palitoy 'Droid Factory' has identical contents to its Kenner counterpart, albeit with different stickers (and thus makes the 3-legged R2-D2 from the Palitoy version different from the US Kenner one), however once again the plastic bases are completely different. The Palitoy one (which comes in both yellow and blue versions) is once again a much thinner plastic, and the Kenner version has a tall crane arm feature completely missing from the Palitoy one.

And of course, everyone should know about the differences between the Kenner 'Death Star Space Station' and the Palitoy 'Death Star' :)

As for whether the US versions were ever available for sale in the UK, I cannot give a definitive answer. However I do know for a fact that some UK shops sold imported Kenner Star Wars figures, as I remember seeing the Dewback advertised on a Star Wars figure cardback in Hertford Toy Shop back in 1978/9. Since the Dewback did not appear on any Palitoy card, but did feature on the back of some Kenner Star Wars cards, the card I held in my own hands was a Kenner version (I remember wondering what the hell the Dewback was!). And of course, if Kenner figures were imported, it's entirely possible some larger items were as well.

Hope that helps :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
peekaygee73 said:
I don't remember seeing the following in the UK:

Dewback;
Radio-controlled Sandcrawler;
Cloud City playset;
Hoth Ice Planet playset;
Jabba the Hutt dungeon;
IG-88 12" figure.

Then there's the more obvious ones like the US Death Star, US LotJ, US Landspeeder, etc...

I'd be interested to know if anyone else did.

Thanks mate, so all was also not sold in the uk :?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
x-pack said:

The UK got its own versions of the 'Cantina', 'Land of the Jawas' and 'Droid Factory'. All 3 differ from their US counterparts, and not just in the design of the boxes. Palitoy had the UK license of course, but for reasons (I believe) of economy, they altered the contents / composition of all 3 playsets from the Kenner versions, chiefly by using much thinner (blown? Is that the correct term?) plastic for the bases, removing some items from them and or replacing others with cheaper alternatives.

The Palitoy 'Cantina' had cardboard doors and front to the bar, with only a plastic door-frame and bar top, plus a removable plastic table and a separate plastic action lever and a couple of plastic figure stands. The Kenner version had a fixed all-plastic bar and table incorporated into the base itself, plastic doors, plus action levers built into its much sturdier plastic base.

The Palitoy 'Land of the Jawas' similarly had a much thinner, non-action feature plastic base, a similar-looking, but actually far thinner cardboard backdrop Sandcrawler, and a completely different lift / elevator mechanism to its Kenner equivalent. The Palitoy one also came with the exact same action lever and figure stands that the Palitoy 'Cantina' did, plus it came with a free Jawa figure :). The Kenner version by contrast again had a much sturdier base with action levers built-in, plus a cave for a Jawa (not included!) to hide in, a much thicker corrugated cardboard Sandcrawler backdrop, and also came with a plastic escape pod.

The Palitoy 'Droid Factory' has identical contents to its Kenner counterpart, albeit with different stickers (and thus makes the 3-legged R2-D2 from the Palitoy version different from the US Kenner one), however once again the plastic bases are completely different. The Palitoy one (which comes in both yellow and blue versions) is once again a much thinner plastic, and the Kenner version has a tall crane arm feature completely missing from the Palitoy one.

And of course, everyone should know about the differences between the Kenner 'Death Star Space Station' and the Palitoy 'Death Star' :)

As for whether the US versions were ever available for sale in the UK, I cannot give a definitive answer. However I do know for a fact that some UK shops sold imported Kenner Star Wars figures, as I remember seeing the Dewback advertised on a Star Wars figure cardback in Hertford Toy Shop back in 1978/9. Since the Dewback did not appear on any Palitoy card, but did feature on the back of some Kenner Star Wars cards, the card I held in my own hands was a Kenner version (I remember wondering what the hell the Dewback was!). And of course, if Kenner figures were imported, it's entirely possible some larger items were as well.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks mate for the great info :D I do not have the palitoy cantina, droid factory and land og the jawas so I did not know they changed that much of the playsets :shock: I think I have seen some pictures from other memebers with kenner figures sold in the uk :?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom