Best or craziest Star Wars find at a carboot or charity shop

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Would anyone like to share stories of what there best or craziest Star Wars find at carboots or charity shops is? Mine was in the early 00's and picked up a 21bk power droid Star Wars moc for £20 still have it to this day and craziest was probably a gamorrean guard axe for 5p found in a box tat :)

Oh and back in the early 90s pretty much everything loose I had as a kid was from carboots my dad nearly managed a full set just buying from boot sales :D

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Not a lot- probably the best was 2 Biker Scouts and a Speeder Bike in a local charity shop for £1.50 last year. My son spotted them :)

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Have mentioned this before, I was at a boot sale about 1993 and was just getting back into star wars from when I was a kid, i bought a few ewoks I didn't have, for pence, with some weapons and a funny staff with skulls on out of a junk toys box, when I got home I looked in the star wars "from concept to screen to collectable I had just got and realised I had failed to buy the amanaman and barada probably a yak in there too but don't remember, they would have only been 20p each, as I had no idea about them, as I was to old to buy the last 17 or even know about them when they came out. Also refused a blue snag about this time for£16 as I thought it was overpriced :?
These events have haunted my dreams ever since :eek: and would have been my best booty find probably could have got the lot in the junk box for £3, those were the days,
best recent find last year was a mint chewy for 10p and a vintage x wing in good condition, not yellowed but as usual minus the guns for £2.50.
bargins are harder to find nowadays but are still out their if you can get up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning after Saturday night out :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
My best was finding a PBP unpainted knee, unpainted dart Boba Fett in a box of loose figures in a local shop a few years ago. If memory serves, it was going for all of £1, but I'd actually entered the shop penniless, intending just to look as they usually only had second-hand modern stuff, so I pretended not to be too interested in the figure, and asked them if they'd just give me a few minutes to visit a cash point. They did, and five minutes later I was £1 poorer and my collection significantly better :-D

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
1991 ( :lol: just typed 1919 by mistake, now that would have been time travel)

Church fair local to us had loads from memory was

X wing complete! With box
falcon loose
AT AT loose
Slave 1
Rancor Monster
Loose figures and weapons including Most first 12

All for about £6 I think ...those were the days

Recent best was a EB LFB with complete Saber minty ( he is on my first 12 stand) for £6 in a local antiques shop :D

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Never found a thing. Ever.

Not quite true. Wasn't that long ago you chanced upon Palitoy MOCs in some shop in the bleak North, and got them into peoples collection that deserved them.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Clarkspieandchips and I used to hit the car boots in the early 90's and picked up quite a bit of swag. Can't remember any grail stuff though. I remember there were always a lot of stormtroopers knocking around!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
So much stuff BITD. Used to come home with bin liners full of it.

There was one car boot near me, at the Normid Supermarket in Burslem, every Sunday morning turn up at 6am and it wasn't a question of 'if' you'd find anything, it was 'what'. Never failed to score at that car boot in the late 80's early 90's.

One of the best ones was an ESB boxed At At mint and complete for a fiver, looked in the box and there was a complete loose Palitoy Death Star inside - happy days :)

Then there was the woman who pulled out 8 loose 12" figures from a suitcase - for 50p each...and the chap who had an old ice cream tub full of loose weapons for 20p each (the days before repro).

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
scooternick said:
Clarkspieandchips and I used to hit the car boots in the early 90's and picked up quite a bit of swag. Can't remember any grail stuff though. I remember there were always a lot of stormtroopers knocking around!

Didn't we pick up a few last 17 out at greenbridge?

We used to trawl the trade papers back in the 90's for collections and picked up a pretty good batch in weston-super-mare. Boxed slave 1, boxed rancor were good deals which i still have but my brother got the score of the day. Jabbas playset but the dungeon pit under the throne was literally filled with weapons. I think it was about a fiver

poncho

Grand Master
heres mine copied and pasted from june 2013 from the LA thread. my best carboot find naive and vintage goodness......

a rather modest and small purchase compared to other amazing purchases on here of late but vintage netherless.
I was at a car boot the other day where i found a guy selling some odd and ends and had some starwars stuff from his childhood anyway i stumbled across this curious, charming and scuffy looking matchbox which was covered in empire strikes back stickers
P1010022_zps4075b6e4.jpg

what was in it?.... 4 original vintage weapons (yoda snake, gaffi stick, rebel blaster and jawa blaster) £4 paid :D
P1010025_zpsd8b78908.jpg

bosk70

Jedi Master
Supporter
Love the matchbox proper vintage goodness like a little treasure chest, those finds are what boot sale searches are all about, the fun of the hunt :)

Cardbackkid

Jedi Master
Some really great finds guys! That matchbox with weapons is awesome , it's been so long since I've even seen vintage SW at a carboot I think I'd pay a fiver just for chief chirpa without a hood! :lol:

jayums

Jedi Master
Cardbackkid said:
Some really great finds guys! That matchbox with weapons is awesome , it's been so long since I've even seen vintage SW at a carboot I think I'd pay a fiver just for chief chirpa without a hood! :lol:

Ditto ... the matchbox is great; would be tempted to keep the weapons with the box - can't understand why anyone would get rid of a little bit of their childhoods like that?!

I've never found anything at a car boot - there must be a lot of sw stuff still stuck up in lofts so I shan't give up all hope!

scooternick

Jedi Knight
Can't remember any last 17's but could be wrong. Either way, rummaging around boxes of random toys to find a vintage figure will always be a bigger buzz than collecting for me these days!!
Clarkspie&chips said:
scooternick said:

Didn't we pick up a few last 17 out at greenbridge?

We used to trawl the trade papers back in the 90's for collections and picked up a pretty good batch in weston-super-mare. Boxed slave 1, boxed rancor were good deals which i still have but my brother got the score of the day. Jabbas playset but the dungeon pit under the throne was literally filled with weapons. I think it was about a fiver

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Loose mint yak face for 20 pence at Ripon racecourse around 1992. Sold it for £50 in 2006 to go towards travelling. One of my biggest SW regrets!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Almost forgot... ex girlfriend was an infant teacher. Went into school in the holidays to help her set up her class and had a quick look through the toy box and found a Yak and I think an Anakin. Had them straight away and replaced them with a couple of POTF2 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom