Toy Toni selling his unused MOC stock

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Over the last few months Toy Toni has started selling loose accessories for ridiculous prices on eBay, no doubt having seen the idiots on Facebook fighting over them becuase they are "rare."

But interestingly he's now started selling complete loose figures too, which just happen to be exactly the same ones he was selling carded a few years ago:

toni2.png

toni.png

The Luke Bespin is exactly the same "PBP" variant he was selling on cards. I'm not sure about the Hoth Trooper, perhaps somebody else who owns one can compare.

I don't know if anybody even cares now as it's nearly 5 years since the scandal, but it was inevitable he would start shifting his left over stock sooner or later.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I wonder if he has brought bulk overstock figures in the past. As a well known dealer he would have had the access to the sources.

Be interesting to see what comes up for sale afterwards.

Given Toni's age, and the fact he got away with it all, I wouldn't be surprised if he dumped everything and got out.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
How can he have a 100% feedback ????? :shock:

As Toy Toni, more recently Jeff and countless other scammers have proved, selling a high percentage of legit stock gets you the reputation needed to sell fake crap.

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
What's more interesting to ask is if he will ever sell the remaining unused card backs. Of course that would be tantamount to an admission of guilt, but at this point we all know he did it anyway. I for one would love a shot at some of them to be honest. But because of all the guy did, I would hate to buy from the guy and give him one red cent.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Agree Ross, IMO that would have been his one opportunity to do the right thing. I am personally of the opinion that he was not the only person making MOCs in the late 80s/90s, he's just the only person who's been as good as caught. Would anybody of cared back then? Not really. His real crimes are being greedy, and not confessing once caught out. If he had offered a free cardback to everyone who had bought a 'toni' off him that would have appeased a lot of people. It's also criminal that these unused cards are now lost forever as ironically they are more important and more valuable than the carded figures he was making!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:
How can he have a 100% feedback ????? :shock:

As Toy Toni, more recently Jeff and countless other scammers have proved, selling a high percentage of legit stock gets you the reputation needed to sell fake crap.

I am still surprised he have 165 positive from the last 12 months and 0 negative :shock: Can you get a 100% positive feedback again on ebay as a scammer if you do not get any bad feedback in 12 months ? :?

I have tried to look through all 64 pages of his feedback and no negative feedback, I do not understand it :? have he used another account on ebay to sell all this toy toni stuff ? :?

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
these unused cards are now lost forever as ironically they are more important and more valuable than the carded figures he was making!

Never thought of that before. Turns out he's quite the fathead. Great point Edd.

Pat

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I am still surprised he have 165 positive from the last 12 months and 0 negative :shock: Can you get a 100% positive feedback again on ebay as a scammer if you do not get any bad feedback in 12 months ? :?

I have tried to look through all 64 pages of his feedback and no negative feedback, I do not understand it :? have he used another account on ebay to sell all this toy toni stuff ? :?

Toni hasn't sold any of his fakes on eBay for nearly 5 years, and when the scandal came to light he was quick to refund people who wanted refunds so there is no reason for him to have bad feedback on eBay. Everything he sells on there now is legit (if mostly outrageously expensive!)

indianawars

Sith Lord
It has crossed my mind a few times just to walk into his shop and give him some cash for the unused cardbacks with the promise that, 'no one needs to know who and where these came from.' Just so collectors can have the chance to own a rare and unused proof-card.

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I have a feeling he treads carefully when he has to refill his stall at snoopers, wouldn't be surprised if its during closing time to avoid any confrontation.

I can remember talking to him hears ago when I was only a teenager and he was really not interested in star wars, just said that he sold them and knew about them but wasn't actually really bothered, this was only shortly after I'd found out about the last 17 so I was full of inthusiasm. what a dick! :(

even back then he wanted £15 each for mint loose greedo and ugnaught as I needed them but ended up trading him a load of beaters for them and a luke poncho with no accessories.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
If he started selling his unused cardbacks, it would significantly increase the case against him and the police could get involved again. I think he knows this so he will not sell them.

Jason

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
pizzathehutt said:
I have a feeling he treads carefully when he has to refill his stall at snoopers, wouldn't be surprised if its during closing time to avoid any confrontation.

No he's actually spotted around Brighton quite often, either in Snoopers or a nearby cafe that he hangs out in. And of course most people know his address. If anybody wanted to confront him it wouldn't be difficult.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:

Toni hasn't sold any of his fakes on eBay for nearly 5 years, and when the scandal came to light he was quick to refund people who wanted refunds so there is no reason for him to have bad feedback on eBay. Everything he sells on there now is legit (if mostly outrageously expensive!)

Thanks edd, I did not know that, now I understand :wink:

wrighty

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
If he started selling his unused cardbacks, it would significantly increase the case against him and the police could get involved again. I think he knows this so he will not sell them.

Jason

I am sure at some stage he will sell the unused cardbacks but if he has half a brain he would use someone else to sell on his behalf or another identity or you think this will be beyond his comprehension! :D

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
cant believe its already been 5 years.

This man has some balls to be carrying on regardless :lol:

I wonder if any on here have actually caught up with him and confronted him face to face?

wasn't past member pigcity a regular in snoopers, I bet he had a few words with him

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
wrighty said:
mr_palitoy said:

Jason

I am sure at some stage he will sell the unused cardbacks but if he has half a brain he would use someone else to sell on his behalf or another identity or you think this will be beyond his comprehension! :D

I'd heard rumours that the police had some experience in tracing stolen goods/drugs etc back to their source. Can't imagine a few old cardbacks being that much of a challenge for them.

:)

Jason

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Playing devil's advocate and hope I'm not throwing too bigger grenade in here, but it would appear most TT MOC have actually gone up in value in spite of the scandal. I'm not sure a lot of the arguments exist any more in terms of costing people money. What do other people think?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom