Epic competition for a great cause

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi guys - this is the first time that I have done this but know that this forum has been great in the past at helping out others and really hope you can do so again

This lovely young lady is Bethany and she is the daughter of a good friend of Neils (Jackabina) who I had the privilege of meaning at Celebration

untitled%207_zps3gods5gv.png

Bethany has been ill from birth, but strangely wasn't diagnosed until she was 10. That's because her illness wasn't known about officially until 2010. She has what is known as a CASK gene. This basically means that since birth, she can't do anything without help. She can't feed herself, go to the loo or even sit up on her own. She is already wheelchair bound, and her life expectancy is limited. She not expected to live many more years.

Her Dad, Dave and his wife would like to make the rest of their little girls life as comfortable as possible. They have just been quoted 7K for a machine, similar to that of Stephen Hawking, in that it will allow to communicate independently. Neil and I would like your help to cover that as much as we possibly can

Dave is a big Star Wars fan as is his lad - I think it would be great if the community can help him out and get this done as quickly as possible

Therefore as with past requests I would like you all to dig as deep as possible. To start things off Neil and I are going to put up a few prizes that we would like to raffle off - we are going to make entrance to the raffle a nominal £5.00 (or the price of a pint in London these days) but you can enter as many times as you like - each £5.00 you donate will get you an entry into the draw (e.g. £20 = 4 entries)

I would also be grateful if a few of you could add to the prize pool - it doesn't have to be much but everything will be greatly received - I would also encourage you to tell as many Star Wars fans you know about this competition as I would like to make it a big one

To start things off I am going to add the following

A Ship Stand of your choice

Vehicle%20Stands%20-%2099_zpsxyembzt9.jpg

100 x Star Stands (either size)

Star%20Stands%20-1_zpswtlarvck.jpg

This un-claimed Survival Kit Mailer (value approx £50)

SAM_0676_zpsybukwrrd.jpg

If you could update this thread or PM either Neil or I with your offers of donations (add a picture if you can) that would be great - time is of the essence here so I would be grateful if you could do that by close on Thursday 21st Sept

Once I have all the prize details then I will update the thread and also let you know how you can enter (ideally PayPal gift donations to Neil)

itfciain

Grand Master
tiefighterboy said:
Make sure you post this in our international FB group.

Todd - trust me, I will be all over FB with this as well - I think it would be really great if the community as a whole can get damn near to matching the full amount. I will be doing a separate GW Acrylic USA promotion as well for all my American chums

itfciain

Grand Master
Already been promised a couple of amazing prizes from the International Group

I have an ESB Yoda MOC coming from a recent find

Yodas_zpsqmd9jmax.jpg

And the from Max Webster of Max Webster Auctions (http://www.maxwebsterauctioneer.com/) I have the promise of a Transformer from their recent consignment - not sure if you have seen the picture of this one on Facebook but is it an amazing collection

Transformers_zpsclkc3n0i.jpg

darthberizing

Padawan
Iain - I'll donate one of TIG's life size Palace Blasters to the raffle

We've also got about 5 left for sale ($89.99 shipped US / $109.99 shipped worldwide) and if anyone wants to buy one i'll donate 100% of the profit to the family as well

Palace Blaster.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Right guys - I have already had some fantastic prizes donated - this raffle is going to be amazing

So as well as the above, I now have the following -

Gary Haygood is going to donate a 12 inch leia ,no comb and brush, beater box ,hair redone by him (and if you do have a Leia with a bad hair day then this is the man to go to)

Leia_zpsp7jrhaej.jpg

Leia1_zpss55prioq.jpg

jackabina

Sith Lord
Hi guys. All I can say is, wow!
I spoke with Iain late late night, and woke up this morning to this. This truly is a great cause, and Dave and his family will be made up. I'll post a pic of Dave and his son at Celebration. People say this all the time, but he really is a top top man.
I'll post up some pics of my donations later today.

Thanks again in advance for a great result.

I'll keep you all posted :wink:

mumbo

Sith Lord
A great and worthy cause.

I'll find a prize for the raffle and will make a donation :)

itfciain

Grand Master
That is fantastic - we are already up to 10 prizes - and they are some fantastic ones - want to try and get a few more in before Thursday so dig deep please guys

jackabina

Sith Lord
OK fella's, so I'm going in with a couple of Jedi MOC's, and all of my ebay sales for the month.
I'll post pic's up of the MOC's shortly.
Much appreciated again guys! :D

mumbo

Sith Lord
MISB Prototype Boba 8)

Donation made to Mr Sanderson :)

Dig deep guys and girls it's a fantastic cause :)

jackabina

Sith Lord
This is awesome guys. I'm also putting together a big hamper at work and raffle. For those of you that don't know, I'm a store manager for the co-op, so going to try and get the customers involved. Your input is truly amazing as always.

Bootyhunter

Jedi Master
Neil please send me details to send a donation I really hope we can get that machine bought for your friends daughter
Also I'd like to offer this as a prize for the raffle if you want it?
image_5.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Getting some great prizes added

Just had the following added - GW Acrylic ADS-31Detolf Display Steps, a C3PO Baggie and a 'well loved' Nien Numb - also have the pictures over of the Transformers from Max Webster - coupled with everything else then we are going to have some fantastic items to win

Couple more days to donate a price and then we'll hit you up for raffle tickets / donations so keep a few crisp fivers in your wallets

lejackal

Grand Master
itfciain said:
a 'well loved' Nien Numb

I'm sure you we're kinder about it than that when selling it :wink:
I'll also chuck in these bits as a separate token prize for someone mate.

itfciain

Grand Master
lejackal said:
itfciain said:
a 'well loved' Nien Numb

I'm sure you we're kinder about it than that when selling it :wink:
I'll also chuck in these bits as a separate token prize for someone mate.

resized.jpg

haha - didn't I describe it as AFA85 quality :lol:

Thanks for adding those mate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom