Stances on re seal??

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Hi guys. As Im relatively new to collecting im a little confused as to peoples opinion on reseals. I have a vague awareness of the tt scandal and obviously know that repro cards, weapons, inserts etc are a big no no and do not go for these myself but wanted to know what the deal is with re seals. Obviously if they are mint original cards and original figures/weapons are they still accepted by the community? Are they good to have in a collection or do they eventually fall apart and unseal/ glue wearing off?? I have seen many for sale on ebay clearly marked moc reseal and obviously they arent as valuable as the real deal but also they arent as expensive. Is this a good thing to collect or is it also frowned upon?? Does anyone collect them and do they hold up well quality wise??

Nick_IoW

Sith Lord
Dont think anyone will have any issues with reseals (as long as they are not being sold as fully sealed).

It makes it a whole lot more affordable for many collectors, which is a good thing.

Also some things are either so rare, or so expensive that reseals are possibly the only option.

I have a handful - they still display well and still represent everything we love about them.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
All the ones ive seen are marked as re card so i guess thats the same thing?? Does the glue come off eventually or does it stay??

maxf

Jedi Master
Alltooeasy said:
All the ones ive seen are marked as re card so i guess thats the same thing?? Does the glue come off eventually or does it stay??

Recard and Reseal are VERY different things.

Reseal = original card, original bubble - stuck back together.

Recard = newly made card, newly made bubble - stuck together with a vintage figure (usually with a fake weapon) in it.

Say away from recards - you might as well just print your own cards if you want to.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
maxf said:
Alltooeasy said:

Recard and Reseal are VERY different things.

Reseal = original card, original bubble - stuck back together.

Recard = newly made card, newly made bubble - stuck together with a vintage figure (usually with a fake weapon) in it.

Say away from recards - you might as well just print your own cards if you want to.

Very helpful!!! Thanks for that! I had assumed recard was a reseal!!

Joe

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:
Very helpful!!! Thanks for that! I had assumed recard was a reseal!!

Strange..I thought you were informed all about this kind of stuff last time you signed up: http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=389542#p389542

Please stop acting like you are new around here, you've been banned twice and we've covered the same subjects time and time again with you.

Either read it, understand it and get on with it or just go away (again).

Joe

Grand Master
Are you actually going to deny that you are usetheforceluke and ThankyouKenner? :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
I would accept a reseal of something I couldn't afford sealed but even some reseals would command a high fee. Truly rare stuff like a Tri Madine, square Meccano ESB cards and 20 backs, first 12 on Palitoy 30 back etc

itfciain

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:
Dont know who those people are oh faithful grand master

Liam - please heed what Joe is saying otherwise you will be banned for a 3rd time - Joe/Edd did you a favour by letting you stay (mainly because I had a current sale with you) - hopefully you will see the value of being a member on here

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
Alltooeasy said:

Liam - please heed what Joe is saying otherwise you will be banned for a 3rd time - Joe/Edd did you a favour by letting you stay (mainly because I had a current sale with you) - hopefully you will see the value of being a member on here

And a fantastic sale it was too. Recommended seller you are Iain. Top seller!!

itfciain

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:
itfciain said:
Alltooeasy said:

And a fantastic sale it was too. Recommended seller you are Iain. Top seller!!

Thanks mate and there will be plenty more as long as you don't wind up Joe

Joe

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:

Wow..I figured you would have the balls to just admit it but..ok.

Look..we've known this was your third account since the day you signed up but despite the fact that you chose "alltooeasy" as a username (no doubt a reference to Star Wars that also insinuates that you've pulled the wool over our eyes) we genuinely thought you might have finally matured enough to stop wasting peoples time. I guess not.

Please for the love of god, just stop the act! If your memory is shite enough to forget what people helped you with a couple of weeks or months back then learn to use the search function and stop posting multiple threads asking questions about the same topics..while pretending to be someone else!!

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
Alltooeasy said:

Wow..I figured you would have the balls to just admit it but..ok.

Look..we've known this was your third account since the day you signed up but despite the fact that you chose "alltooeasy" as a username (no doubt a reference to Star Wars that also insinuates that you've pulled the wool over our eyes) we genuinely thought you might have finally matured enough to stop wasting peoples time. I guess not.

Please for the love of god, just stop the act! If your memory is shite enough to forget what people helped you with a couple of weeks or months back then learn to use the search function and stop posting multiple threads asking questions about the same topics..while pretending to be someone else!!

Empire Strikes Back - Vader knocks Luke into the carbon chamber. Vader quote 'All too easy', flips the switch using jedi mind trick, Luke flys out before being encased!!!
Theres your reference :)

Hopefully you got it without me needing to explain it though :)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Oh come on it was obvious you were the same person. The only difference this time is you haven't offered to beat any of us up at a toy show yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom