Black Endor Blaster Check

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've just picked up a blaster and I am not sure if it's genuine. See photo below - the suspect one is on the left, on the right is one I already owned that I'm happy is genuine. The left one is not very well defined in comparison. It does float though. Looks to me like it could be the "v3 repro" at the bottom of this page:

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/endorblasters.htm

What do you think?

endor.jpg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Everyone on Facebook seems pretty convinced, any final thoughts before I send it back?

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 19.55.45.png

walkie

Sith Lord
HI Edd, sorry to see both you and the seller got fooled by one on these little buggers.

I'm sorry to say it's 100% repro and for anyone wondering there is a fantastic report on TIG that documents these and the other 5 weapons which appear to come from the same source.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7878-special-repro-report-debunking-the-float-test-myth

itfciain

Grand Master
Commented on you FB thread but Stefan is 100% right - these have been doing the rounds for a while now

The main issue is that they pass the float test and also have the dot on the barrel - which are the main two tells well looking at these - however the excess flashing gives them away

mumbo

Sith Lord
The little bugger was mine and I was completely duped by the float and drop tests :oops:

Should of and will certainly in future be using TIG for all reference guides as you clearly can't rely on the old tried and tested ways :(

The figure and blaster will now be going to my son who'll be more than happy adding him to his collection so some good will come of this.

Once again my apologies for the balls up Edd :oops:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
No worries mate, easy mistake to make and I appreciate you being good about it :)

mumbo

Sith Lord
Jez said:
Sneaky Bastards.
How long had you had it before mate?

Not sure and have been scratching my head to try and work it out. I've purchased a few large lots and figures over the last couple of years so could have been in one of those.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Never seen that one before. To me it looks like the circle is missing on the handle and that there is a dot on the handle ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom