Cases?

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
I've got a few figures I've bought already graded purely as like them in the cases (not bothered about the actual grade!) but just wondered if anyone knows anyone else on here or elsewhere who will seal figures in the same cases or who offers a similar service encasing wise?

Will

Padawan
I'm sure someone much more knowledgable than me will chip in very soon but I know GW acrylic sell a wide range of cases suitable for loose figures

If you go to the for sale area of the forums there is a pinned thread which lists the products and price list

yoda

Sith Lord
Why don't you buy them and then glue them if you want sealed cases. I am not trying to be funny but just stating the obvious. If you buy them sealed you won't get your figure inside from the start.
I think those cases look great for displaying your figures and you would save alot of money.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
yoda said:
Why don't you buy them and then glue them if you want sealed cases. I am not trying to be funny but just stating the obvious. If you buy them sealed you won't get your figure inside from the start.
I think those cases look great for displaying your figures and you would save alot of money.

Yeah, but the GW Acrylic cases don't have the (often sharp edged) pieces of plastic inside that hold the figure in place and over time rub off the paint at the points they touch the figure like the graded cases..

yoda

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
yoda said:

Yeah, but the GW Acrylic cases don't have the (often sharp edged) pieces of plastic inside that hold the figure in place and over time rub off the paint at the points they touch the figure like the graded cases..

OK i never knew that about those cases. You certainly wouldn't want the paint getting rubbed off the figures.

poncho

Grand Master
Clawrence said:
Usetheforceluke said:
Thanks guys I just enquiried about them but they aren't sealed like the ukg ones
If you brought them sealed, how would you put the figure in.... :?
I think he wants them cased up but ungraded ukg and afa both do this...i think?....

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
Errm I've confused myself lol! I like them sealed and protected in the cases so they can't be damaged. But didn't know the ukg ones had sharp edges? Is it the bit which holds the figures head in place? I've not felt inside a case so can't say. Has anyone else felt this part of a case?

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm sure I'll regret this but......where exactly do you intend to keep the figures and what are you planning on doing with them?

If you want them to look nice and in some sort of case Iain sells Protech cylinders for about £2 each plus about £4/5 postage for as many as you want, combine these with the 2" figure stands he also sells and Father Robert is your mothers brother.

If you like the acrylic cases for loose figures then he also sells these at something like 2 for £10/12 although they also won't be sealed and do not grip the figure.

If you want the figure held in place in acrylic then I think you need to look at UKG/AFA for their graded or ungraded archival casing.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
You could put them in Iain's acrylic cases and then super glue the feet. They wouldn't bash against the sides then. Super glue the weapons in their hands and you're all done, other than super gluing the case shut. If you live in a zone where there might be earthquakes then super glue them to the shelves, and obviously super glue the big display units to the floor.

I can see nothing going wrong with that plan. Ever.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
You could put them in Iain's acrylic cases and then super glue the feet. They wouldn't bash against the sides then. Super glue the weapons in their hands and you're all done, other than super gluing the case shut. If you live in a zone where there might be earthquakes then super glue them to the shelves, and obviously super glue the big display units to the floor.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Usetheforceluke said:
Errm I've confused myself lol! I like them sealed and protected in the cases so they can't be damaged. But didn't know the ukg ones had sharp edges? Is it the bit which holds the figures head in place? I've not felt inside a case so can't say. Has anyone else felt this part of a case?

I'm not saying either UKG or AFA specifically, but there are many examples (on this forum too I seem to remember) that show where a figure has been cased by a grading company and the pieces that hold the head (or arms etc) in place have rubbed with the figure and in turn removed paint... often in shipping... You don't need to feel to see its a sharp edge, the acrylic inside these cases is cut at a sharp 90 degree angle, the edges are not chamfered to be round, they are of course not a razors edge either. Even the flat edges when they rub against the paint on a figure will eventually remove paint.

GW Acrylic cases do not hold the figures in the same way, they do though protect from dust and dirt as well as not adding to the risk of paint loss that grading cases do.

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Have you thought about moving here :lol:
Street+Bubble+Wrapped+Highlighting+Importance+6LpKfGenr6Yl.jpg

Usetheforceluke

Padawan
lejackal said:
I'm sure I'll regret this but......where exactly do you intend to keep the figures and what are you planning on doing with them?

If you want them to look nice and in some sort of case Iain sells Protech cylinders for about £2 each plus about £4/5 postage for as many as you want, combine these with the 2" figure stands he also sells and Father Robert is your mothers brother.

If you like the acrylic cases for loose figures then he also sells these at something like 2 for £10/12 although they also won't be sealed and do not grip the figure.

If you want the figure held in place in acrylic then I think you need to look at UKG/AFA for their graded or ungraded archival casing.

Eventually I want to have a glass cabinet with every figure made on display to view just to look at and admire them. I'm not fussed about picking them up and playing/handling them. Neither do I want them to get dirty, paint loss or damaged so I thought the graded figures in the cases were best. The ukg website spiel about securing them tightly and allowing air in sold me on them. Then I saw the acryllic cases for sale on here which also look good but am a bit wary about the figure bashing about inside and being knocked about whenever I want to pick the case up and view the figure. Really not sure what the best option is!!??

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Usetheforceluke said:
lejackal said:

Eventually I want to have a glass cabinet with every figure made on display to view just to look at and admire them. I'm not fussed about picking them up and playing/handling them. Neither do I want them to get dirty, paint loss or damaged so I thought the graded figures in the cases were best. The ukg website spiel about securing them tightly and allowing air in sold me on them. Then I saw the acryllic cases for sale on here which also look good but am a bit wary about the figure bashing about inside and being knocked about whenever I want to pick the case up and view the figure. Really not sure what the best option is!!??

I have seen some of the GW cases with the figure stands glued to the inside of the base, so the figure has less chance of falling over if and when you choose to move them around. As with all options, the less you move them the better really...

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Usetheforceluke said:
Eventually I want to have a glass cabinet with every figure made on display to view just to look at and admire them.

I'm sorry but this isn't possible. I'm not going to sell you any of my loose figures and I'm sure some have been thrown away or destroyed so sorry to break the bad news but your goal of owning every single vintage figure that was ever made is an impossible one.

Bunglebubs

Jedi Knight
jedisearcher said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: so funny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom