Quick reminder about posting in the correct sections

Joe

Grand Master
Just reading through various threads this afternoon and I noticed that there are a lot of people posting threads, questions and links in all the wrong (Alderaan?) places which not only means you might not get any replies (because it's not being seen by the people who need to read it) but it also pees people off too.

Now, the moderators can move them of course but it's extra work to move, merge and tinker with things and one click on the wrong thing and we've lost your post! (Weasel has fat fingers)

The main problems are ebay listings/links being posted in Vintage chat when they should be posted in the ebay section. Off topic posts being made in Vintage chat when they should be posted down in "off topic" ( :lol: ) and sometimes modern items are being discussed/sold in the vintage sections.

All of the forum sections have descriptions below their name which explain what they are all about so there really is no excuse. If you do make a mistake and start a thread in the wrong place however, then just let us know and we can move it for you.

Another good idea if you want to post something that might already have a dedicated thread (like pics of your artwork for example) is to use the search function and see what you find. The forums been going for 10 years so there are a fair amount of existing threads to read and add to instead of starting new ones.

Thanks guys!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
In anticipated refrain I waited,
On pins, my breath bated.
For a comedic retort,
"Who will it be" I thought?
I'll give you a clue.....
I knew it would be you :lol: :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers Joe
At the risk of sounding like a right grumpy bastard I was started to get pissed off with people not even bothering to try and post in the correct section - some people only every seem to post in the vintage section regardless of what they are talking about. Definitely been getting worse lately :roll:

Jez

Sith Lord
It shouldn't be too difficult. If ever you are in doubt you should check with Edd or a MOD first.
I did for my Prize Draw. Edd came straight back and said it was cool.
Good post though Joe, although as already said, it's in the wrong section.

yoda

Sith Lord
db94 said:
Cheers Joe
At the risk of sounding like a right grumpy bastard I was started to get pissed off with people not even bothering to try and post in the correct section - some people only every seem to post in the vintage section regardless of what they are talking about. Definitely been getting worse lately :roll:

I totally agree with you buddy it has been happening :wink: I managed to get my post moved :lol:
but seriously I have noticed it now it has been brought to my attention. I can see why your getting annoyed there are more and more posts being put up that my be suited better under different topics. Hopefully this will help things for everyone :)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Yoda - yours was a genuine mistake as you didn't know the age of the items you were asking about, I should have read your post more carefully but I just saw another "wrong" post in the vintage toy section, my bad.

Mistakes aren't a problem it's the amount of people who don't bother their arse to post in the proper sections - total disrespect for the Mods that work so hard to keep this site running slick.

Is it because people are so used to just posting on FB now they dont care about the structure of a proper forum?

Frunkstar

Grand Master
FOR SALE - MB6 15" Honda Civic VTI alloys wheels set of four

Full set of genuine MB6 15" Honda Civic VTI alloys wheels set of four.

4 stud with 115mm spacing suitable for Honda civic VTI ETC.

Wheels are in generally good used condition, no curbing & can be put straight on to use without any refurbing, valves are in place & all good, not mint but as said in good used order, please take a look at the photos to gauge for yourself.

I have the exact same set on my 1.8VTI Aerodeck, just with Red rather than Black centers - sorry no free car included in the sale, you'll have to provide your own.

Postage will be via paisley freight courier service or collection is welcomed.

_12_zpshrnpbpul.jpg

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom