Vintage find, forgotten and left outside!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Picking my daughter up from Nursery this afternoon before dropping my son Zac off at Beavers, he jumps out of the car and walks to the side of the building where old play equipment is dumped and shouts 'HAN SOLO!'.

I walk round to where he is and he's pointing to a figure sat on a window ledge who happens to be a one armed Han Bespin!

Just the weirdest sight.

Of course I stick him in my pocket and bring him home where he'll have an easier life in my glass cabinet. No idea why he was there or where he came from, made me wonder if the nursery has more figures in a box somewhere! What I do know is he must have been there for some time as he's lost his shine and covered in a matt-like finish, his colours are bleached out too.

This just made my day and Zac got a Lego mini-figure for finding it :) :) :)

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1671.jpg

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
In the wild! The best feeling. As collectors I believe we have a duty to rescue and preserve as much vintage as possible whether we need it or not!!!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Ha! What a brilliant find! And as for Zac a) finding it and b) identifying even a partial vintage Han Solo figure, well, clearly the training has paid off dividends!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
It was just the weirdest sight lads, honestly, it's made my week! :lol:

He will indeed take pride of place in my collection now, I will leave him exactly how he is though, armless and in rough shape. It will remind me of when and how we found him :)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Great story.

That photo could be a scene out of a Toy Story film. :lol: He would have got up and walked off if he wasn't wedged in by that golf ball. :lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
Ha! That's amazing :) Looks like he has suede pants on.

I work in an old school and often wonder if there's any hidden Star Wars gems lurking somewhere. Probably not.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Great find. I love that sometimes the best finds and rescues are from the most odd places. Yes, we all love something that's perfect and valuable, but the real attachment comes with the finds that are the most out of the ordinary.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom