Figure Storage?

digktialx

Youngling
Hey guys, great community here. I am new, just wanted to ask a question that I have seen come up from time to time. How are you guys storing your loose action figures?

Thanks!

-dx

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Hi Dig and welcome to SWFUK

As the guys say, out of direct sunlight if on display...

As for storage, mine are in plastic bags with holes punched in them but apparently the more educated collector makes sure they use 'acid free' bags to ensure no degradation to the plastic used in vintage items.

x-pack

Grand Master
Crammed in an old fashioned quality street tin where they've been for years. Not advisable. Never even consider my spares. No idea what's in there. Should do really :?

digktialx

Youngling
Thanks for the feedback. Please lets keep this thread going...I think with hugely spiraling collections it is something that we should all start thinking about. I am really interested in how you guys store, organize, protect....and for the gents who are married, compress your mammoth action figure collections.

This has always been an issue for me and several collecting friends, so together with a buddy of mine we decided to come up with something. We spent months designing a storage solution that we just stuck up on kickstarter for modern and vintage collectors.

I don't want to break any forum rules here but would like to know if it would be ok to post the link to our project on Kickstarter. PS: Those special bags look great - they would probably work well with our project.

-dx

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
digktialx said:
We spent months designing a storage solution that we just stuck up on kickstarter for modern and vintage collectors.

post the link to our project on Kickstarter.

So the thread had an ulterior motive :wink:

Post away DX, it would be interesting to see and you might gain some support. :D

digktialx

Youngling
Thanks for the show of support fellas. Yes, you could say I had a ulterior motive! I would like some of these cases for myself! =)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/492634203/action-figure-foam-trays-and-cases-for-toy-collect

Please let me know if you have any questions.

-dx

x-pack

Grand Master
I think most of the guys will agree that these are pretty cool 8)

I for one would certainly consider picking one up at the right price. Only questions would be A. will they fit taller figures like IG88, and B. are they made of foam that won't degrade? I only ask that because of the disastrous melting foam used in some of the vintage Star Wars toys.

Cool product

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Nice and so simple...

Reminds me of the foam lined cases I keep my Warhammer figures in.

Good luck with the project :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom