Are UKG 'U' grading????

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Guys,

I may be wrong here, but im seeing some worrying signs that UKG may have started 'U' grading. Unless its a huge coincidence there is a seller on Ebay who has certain figures available, and also has the cards/bubbles for sale. They are not declaring if it is a 'U' grade, but something doesnt seem right. I cant see any reason why someone would open a moc action figure for UKG grading as it doesnt make sense-why open to send it to them, unless you want to devalue the figure itself. Many dislike the AFA route but they do sell for big money at the end of the day .

Maybe its just me, but just keep your eyes open.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
It's really worrying.

I purposely look for sliced or cards and bubbles, in order to add to reseals, which are for me to display for me, would never sell on.
So now there is an issue for me as a budget reseal collector, I now would not want to take a card and bubble that has been purposely defiled for u grading.
Now it's getting impossible to tell

It just shows that the u grading stupidity affects all ends of the market even the budget guys like me....it's bloody pathetic :evil:

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
http://ukgraders.co.uk/content/7-grading-info

They've u-graded for a while. They won't u grade stuff that's minty according to that page. Not sure what their view is on a rare card in bad condition, eg a vcj.

They should take the lead and stop the practice entirely. Would put sone pressure on AFA to follow suit.

Jason

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Its shite really. We will not u grade based on condition. So I want my mint moc ugraded. I simply bend it, soak it, cut the top of the card, rip the hanger out, cut the pop, dent the bubble or pull the price sticker off and then send it in.

How do you stop u grading. Easy peasy. Don't offer the service. Problem is these companies get paid for doing it so they are reluctant to stop their flow of income.

It will not go away. Greed will see to that.

PGowdy

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
http://ukgraders.co.uk/content/7-grading-info

They've u-graded for a while. They won't u grade stuff that's minty according to that page. Not sure what their view is on a rare card in bad condition, eg a vcj.

They should take the lead and stop the practice entirely. Would put sone pressure on AFA to follow suit.

Jason

That "we don't u-grade mint stuff" argument has always been paper thin. Thick enough food idiots to buy but paper thin non the less.
So if i stamp on it a bit or cut a corner and then send it in it'll get u-graded just fine? Cool.

Richard_H

Grand Master
The podcast team discussed this a while back but it wasn't recorded as we didn't want to promote it. A simple ebay search over the last few years show quite a few u graded items.

plantman

Sith Lord
they obviously make a lot of money out the request for U grades, but simply saying a 90 grade is a 90 no matter what would be an easy solution

_Lee_

Sith Lord
My point here is that ive seen sellers selling UKG graded figures, but they also sell the cards they have been taken from. I thought the whole U grade fiasco was seen as just diminishing moc figures, regardless of how bad a condition tgey are in. The thing with UKG is that their secondary market value is nowhere near AFA items, so whats the point??

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Quite agree with you lee.

The problem is the limited intelligence and selfishness that some people have. Evolution has tried to address this, but is still not quite there.

Justin H

Padawan
i have a kenner 48c darth with a slightly lifting bubble on a stunning card and figure is a afa 90 which i totally agree with as he's lovely, i could not even get £100 on ebay for him, before i say any more i am going to just keep him as a souvenir of vintage collecting to avoid him being raped. I was getting all sorts of dealer offers of 50 60 70 quid offers knowing some fetter would just send him in and u grade him and sell him on as a u90 or maybe u95 as he's best i have seen in what was 10 years of collecting. Shame but it will never change when money is involved and profit, and kug or ukg depending on which one of them spells it will take your money as well as it,s in there interest. Some things will never change.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Doesn't float my boat but still interesting 'U' grade. :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-ROTJ-Gamorrean-Guard-UKG-not-AFA-U90-Unpunched-Card-and-figure-display-/121430643438?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item1c45d492ee

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
theforceuk said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-ROTJ-Gamorrean-Guard-UKG-not-AFA-U90-Unpunched-Card-and-figure-display-/121430643438?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item1c45d492ee

What a massive pile of ****.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol: I can't believe the bubble is still firmly attatched to card. I don't get it at all, why would you buy it :?: :?:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:

If that is the same card back that the GG came off then I don't see too much wrong with the card back.

Certainly not as the terms and conditions imply:

U grading vintage carded/boxed items, although we will U grade items, we won't U grade a vintage toy/collectable if the item is above a certain condition.

I would wonder what that certain condition would have do be.

PGowdy

Grand Master
theforceuk said:

:lol: Less MOC, more MAC (Mint Adjacent to Card) :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
:lol: :lol: Yeah that's it I'm going for a full run of MAC's. :roll: :roll: Honestly the more I think about it the worse it gets.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:

I don't think there can be any arguments that that is a beater, pure and simple! :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom