Genuine Loft Find Part 1, 2 and 3!!, The Best Days!

Jez

Sith Lord
Part 1 - March 2014 Guys I need to share this with you, I'm sure you'll understand.

I've taken a couple of days off of work to help my elderly parents out around the house. I was helping them clear out the attic (a bit of an old Goonies style den) when I moved a box and discovered my old AT-ST!
Now I couldn't believe what I was seeing as I sold all of my stuff when I bought my first car, but I quickly realised that not everything had been sold. Some of my Star Wars things had clearly dodged my selling, Toy Story style.

I went to grab the AT-ST and saw a Chief Chirpa next to it, then my old FX7, jackpot!! I got down on my hands to have a look under a load of crap to find loads more figures :D No last 17 or VCJs but there was my very first well played with Star Wars figure Luke FB and a pristine Leia Organa!

Suffice to say I'm absolutely thrilled. I thought I had lost these for ever but to find them in such a surprising way was truly awesome.

Today has been the best day for me with regards to collecting since I started again in 2009.

Part 2 - June 2014 The second SWFUK podcast gave the update to this thread. In short, even though i though i found everything in March, i actually made another discovery in June, all is explained on page 4, or check out the podcast.

:D :D :D

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks guys. I'm on the train on my way home, so so chuffed.
I'll try to get a photo up

Jez

Sith Lord
This is how I found the Wampa, up between a wall and a box
B8DD7BB0-2B01-43EE-8FA2-BC68568F260D_zpstophulvm.jpg

I found 3 Stormtroopers who looked like this

238414CE-3122-47D4-867E-7908B63B2299_zps7ret7j4x.jpg

But they have all cleaned up great.

And this is the total find

56B2296B-6BE4-4BEF-814F-2D90C3FBB260_zpspmravkru.jpg

All pretty filthy, but have all come up great.
Some are in better condition than the ones in my display!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Jez that is fantastic, what a find 8) these figures are priceless and will no doubt mean more to you than anything purchased post childhood. I'm made up for you fecking brilliant :D

chazb73

Sith Lord
Those stormtroopers will look a treat when cleaned up :)

Just think how many of those plastic guys are lying in lofts up and down the country waiting to be found - like treasure :D

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jez that is awesome buddy, a genuine loft find for once. Must have been such a good feeling when you first saw that AT-ST. Are you going to keep them all seeing as they are from your childhood??

itfciain

Grand Master
Brilliant mate - I bet most of us whose collections are long gone would love a day like this

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Pics look awesome...superb stuff...you must be grinning like a Cheshire Cat mate, that Leia looks perfect

Great news lovin this 8)

Jez

Sith Lord
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind words. I knew you'd all understand the importance of this to me.

Chris, to answer your question; am I going to keep them? You bet your ass I am! These guys and girl will have a new special place in my spare Detolf. :D
I particularly love how my Luke is so play worn but the Leia looks untouched!

Yes, I am grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Haha that's a great find! Finding the Wampa in particular was a real stroke of luck.

My favourite figure is my only survivor, a beaten up Ben with no cloak or saber, but I don't care, he'll always be my favourite 8)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Best story of the month Jez :D

What makes it so great is that you where oblivious to it all these years :lol: :lol:

Awesom mate, I am just a bit jealous of you :twisted:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom