Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa - COA & Update

Palitoyman

Padawan
Hi all,

I have received a COA for my Palitoy VC Jawa, below, and have included a better photo.

I have had several conversations with Tom Derby, who did view the figure along with his most senior graders and had no problem issueing a COA, he stated that it was the first (and probably last) Palitoy VC Jawa MOC through the doors at AFA and truely one of a kind.

The interest in the figure has been amazing and I have received some good offers for it, I didn't fully realise the impact that this would have on the collecting world but am pleased that I have got a Palitoy VC Jawa authenticated.

After some thought, and in light of the offers I have decided to make the figure available for sale for the right amount as I could do a lot with the money, I will obviously keep my set of 12 and 20 backs though.

Thanks for all your positive feedback and hope you like the photo's below.

Rich.

VinylCapeJawa_zps8e15a579.jpg

IMG_2340_zps945dbd10.jpg

itfciain

Grand Master
Now that is one auction that I would love to see played out live. Obviously eBay is out of the question, as a 10% cut is no fun at all, but still it would be great to watch :D

itfciain

Grand Master
Well if the 12 Back Chewie got to £6K and JoeY's Uzay Headman is at $30,000 then this, as a potential one of a kind piece could be going for silly money

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
When it sells for big money im sure ebay dont take the 10% . Andrew who sold the chewy palitoy said they just took 75 quid or somthing on that line.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
May be a silly question, but may I ask why the COA has not been signed & dated??? as does that not in a way invalidate the COA :?

I'm wondering the same, seems weird there is no date or signature... :?:

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Not questioning the authenticity but Afa seem to be forgetting to dot the i's and crossing the t's of late and looking a tad incompedent. Not selling themselves well!!!

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
If Rich does not mind disclosing how much it sells for can we run a raffle on the selling price? While this is still officially a 'one of a kind' it is the ideal time to sell and 'silly money' might be an under-estimation.

Either way, great piece and I am can't wait to see where it ends up.

Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes smoothly. :D

Palifan

Sith Lord
Great news to see the COA although it is a little strange that there's no hand writing on it, not sure of the reason for that.

I can see if there's a lot of money attached to that piece that it would be hard to not sell it although it is a shame to break the set up. That said though I'm pretty sure who ever owns it next will probably also have a full 12 back run. as for the ebay thing I know there's a limit to how much money gets taken after a sale is completed and it really would be great to see a live auction for it. maybe a possibility Richard? (I'm sure who ever is in the running for this is hoping for a private sale but I'm only saying what a lot of people would love to see).

best of luck with it Richard and at least you'll always be able to say "yeah I used to have one", with enough back up material to prove it. :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Nice to see a COA (though unsigned seems a bit odd).

Good luck with the sale.

I'll start the bidding at £1.

:)

Jason

Palitoyman

Padawan
Hi,

Just to let you know, I have contacted Tom Derby and requested another COA which is signed, I find this totally unacceptable in light of all the time and effort I have put in, he's explained that it is simply an oversight, I have told him what I think, for such a unique figure everything needs to be right.

Hopefully we will get there eventually!!!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Palitoyman said:
Hi,

Just to let you know, I have contacted Tom Derby and requested another COA which is signed, I find this totally unacceptable in light of all the time and effort I have put in, he's explained that it is simply an oversight, I have told him what I think, for such a unique figure everything needs to be right.

Hopefully we will get there eventually!!!

Yeah you really need to as IMO its totally unacceptable of them to do this to you, as what they have provided for you in that page is simply a larger version of the label in the case & would not be accepted as an official COA by any serious collector & would hamper your sales if wanting to move it on, not on them taking the Michael like this, it would be bad enough with any piece, but with one of such significance its just sheer negligence & laziness IMO.

If you don't mind me asking? - why sell it at all, surely this must be the pinnacle of palitoy collecting for such a palitoy enthusiast as yourself, why not sell other you could more easily replace at a later date if you need funds, as its not like your ever going to get another stab at owning one of these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom