Taiwan Boba Fett Blaster?

Palifan

Sith Lord
Hi,

So my on going Droids Boba Fett research has bought this up. Apparently the Taiwan Fett has the same type of blaster as the Droids Fett and wondered, for those who have a loose Taiwan Fett, if your blaster looks like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GUN-BLASTER-WEAPON-Droids-Taiwan-Boba-Fett-vintage-original-Star-Wars-figure-/370723528479?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item5650d81f1f

It's the V5 type of imperial blaster in the TIG guide and I have seen it listed with a Taiwan Fett so wanted to know your thoughts on this.

Cheers - Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
I think the point is the Droids fett is a Taiwan fett with that 'unique' blaster.

That makes sense and I think the Taiwan Fett was released after Empire, although I could be mistaken.

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Snake_eyes_82 said:
Yep both my Taiwan fetts have the V5

you're exceptionally lucky- most Taiwan Fett's wouldn't have V5s. IMO only those Droid's carded Fett's have that blaster. Out of 50+ imperial blasters I only have 2 V5s.

but "and I doubt its a Droids exclusive.......waaaaay too much on the market! Its just a mold.....as far as I know NO special steelmolds were made for the Droids line (talking about weapons). "
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1079618-3/

Palifan

Sith Lord
aussiejames said:
Snake_eyes_82 said:
Yep both my Taiwan fetts have the V5

you're exceptionally lucky- most Taiwan Fett's wouldn't have V5s. IMO only those Droid's carded Fett's have that blaster. Out of 50+ imperial blasters I only have 2 V5s.

I did wonder if it was a standard blaster with a Taiwan one due to the price of the droids Fett version. I have a taiwan one myself but I can't get to it to check what blaster I have.

It'll be interesting to hear if anyone else has one with their Taiwan Fett.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I found this one, does it look like the same ?

Stormtrooper_zps03e8081a.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
I found this one, does it look like the same ?

Stormtrooper_zps03e8081a.jpg

That looks like the one to me although I don't think there should be any blue pigment in it, I think it should be grey/black. Did you find it next to Indy Jones's Boulder? (oh and was it with one of your figures or loose?)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Ian, No I found it in the Ark :lol: No I do not know where I have it from, but I have a list where I write it down. But I am not sure this weapon is on my list. I will check it.

I think I found another one, does it look like the same ? I think it does.

Stormtrooper1_zpsb0fe7551.jpg

Hi scott, first I thought it was blue/black. But now I am not sure, I will check it again.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Ian, No I found it in the Ark :lol: No I do not know where I have it from, but I have a list where I write it down. But I am not sure this weapon is on my list. I will check it.

Hi Lars,

That one looks the same to me, I don't think any of the other blasters have an angled handle like that.

I did come across this thread which has more pictures and shows the angled handle - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1000627/

Look forward to seeing the picture of the blasters together to check out the colour when you get a chance.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

Hi Lars,

That one looks the same to me, I don't think any of the other blasters have an angled handle like that.

I did come across this thread which has more pictures and shows the angled handle - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1000627/

Look forward to seeing the picture of the blasters together to check out the colour when you get a chance.

Hi Ian, Thanks after I compared them. Then I can comfirm the color is not the same. One is dark the other is lighter in the color.

Here they are compared to a blue/black blaster.

Maybe I have more of those blaster, I will have a look at the other blasters I have.

Thanks for the link :D

The blasters is not on my list, so I can't confirm where I have them from, sorry.

STA60014-1_zpsebc35571.jpg

Palifan

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Palifan said:
Pomse2001 said:

Hi Lars,

Hi Ian, Thanks after I compared them. Then I can comfirm the color is not the same. One is dark the other is lighter in the color.

Here they are compared to a blue/black blaster.

Maybe I have more of those blaster, I will have a look at the other blasters I have.

Thanks for the link :D

The blasters is not on my list, so I can't confirm where I have them from, sorry.

It's interesting that the top 2 are different in colour. I know some people say that that particular blaster is with the Taiwan and Droids Boba Fett so you could maybe have one of each or it could just simply be that, as they were cast at a different time they used whatever plastic they had to hand. Hard to say but they look to be from the same mold so it'll be interesting to see if you have any more. It's a real shame I can't get to mine as I'm really wondering what I've got in my collection. Oh and one other thing is that I notice your versions don't have the circle on the clip, maybe that's the true Droids one?

Thanks for doing that Lars, it's all good research!

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
I've said it before and i'll say it again, although their is no documented carded proof (yet), I have a hunch that blaster also came with later versions of the Luke Stormtrooper figure. The ones with the bigger hole punch...

Palifan

Sith Lord
Jedi534 said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again, although their is no documented carded proof (yet), I have a hunch that blaster also came with later versions of the Luke Stormtrooper figure. The ones with the bigger hole punch...

That's the first time I've heard about that. I thought the Luke Stormtrooper only came with the very black weapon ( the same as a couple of the droid figures). There must be quite a few people out there with a carded example of the bigger hole punch version so it would be great know.

This rabbit hole goes deep!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Jedi534 said:

Also the first time I have heard that :shock:

Hi Ian, thanks for kind words. I thought the Droids Boba Fett was taiwan. So are you talking about a Taiwan from another card and a Taiwan from the droids card ?

snaggletooth

Jedi Master
Jedi534 said:
What do you mean a later version, a POTF or Tri-Logo variant?

Jedi534

Jedi Knight
snaggletooth said:
Jedi534 said:
What do you mean a later version, a POTF or Tri-Logo variant?
I mean POTF but somebody did post once that they found this weapon with a Tri Luke Stormie as a kid. Also, "version" might be the wrong word to use as I meant later produced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom