How did you enjoy your figures?

Richard_H

Grand Master
I had a lot of vintage figures when I was younger, and my friends and I never acted out scenes from the movies but prefered to make our own stories. The weapons and accessories always seemed to disappear! My favourite game was to place the figures in various different places around my bedroom and fire elastic bands at them to try and knock them over. :D

I would spend hours doing that. Oddly I can't remember having the vehicles much. Perhaps i broke them earlier on and they ended up binned? I did own the Falcon and DV tie (which i remember finding in my mother's wardrobe before xmas)

We would assign points for how difficult we thought the shot was. What i find surprising now is that we had elastic bands in the first place, as they weren't an everyday item in my house!

Cc

Ukgarisson

Padawan
Personally I liked to freeze my figures in a plastic cup of water and recreate the ESB storyline, they all went through the freezer at some point in time.

itfciain

Grand Master
I honestly have no idea what I used to do with them - but I would spend hours doing it !

I never really had any of them when I was a kid so i got my fix when we used to go round to my friend Tims. I would head up to his bedroom at the start of the day and could still be found up there late in the afternoon

Richard_H

Grand Master
Ukgarisson said:
Personally I liked to freeze my figures in a plastic cup of water and recreate the ESB storyline, they all went through the freezer at some point in time.

:lol: that is so funny. I've never heard of anyone doing that before. I wonder if frozen figures would protect them from aging!

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Great Thread lots of memories flooding back, reminds me why I collect in the first place.

Unfortunately for my figures they would end up with different paint schemes by the time I was through with them, I also clearly remember wondering what that stupid thin piece of plastic was on the end of my Luke's light saber and gnawing it off with my front teeth and then his head broke off to which my Dad stuck it back on with super glue and for some unknown reason then proceeded to stick him in the freezer as if that would help the glue set? Don't know why I remember this stuff maybe I was scarred for life by witnessing my headless luke getting frozen. :lol:

I also fondly remember endless hours playing with my figs in the garden, the rockery was always the best spot but it's also where I lost the majority of them under a ton of dirt after some made up tragic explosion. Still recall being distraught when I lost Boba Fett that way.

R.I.P. Boba, lost to the sarlac pitt in my backyard :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I just used to do the Wampa kick with my figures all day long..

That basically means I used to kick all my other figures in the face with the Wampas legs, a little bit like this:

clp07210.gif

(If you want to try this...follow these instructions:)
-Put the Wampa's arms down by his sides
-Hold the Wampa facing your palm so when you do the next step the legs kick out away from you
-Squeeze the arms together and if done correctly the legs will pop out backwards
-Stand any figure in close range and let them have it!

I haven't been able to explain this to anyone successfully yet so..I have hope that the fine SWF members will be able to work it out :lol:

steesh

Padawan
Chuckling at freezing han. Wish I had though of using water and a freezer. I used to make small mud baths in the back garden then allow mother nature to do the freezing. Lost a good few hans doing that.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Now that I think about it I do remember burying some figures. Can't remember if I lost any though. I do remember spending ages looking for a figure and panicking in case i was going to be told off for losing it :D

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Well I never had many of the first figures as I was only 2 when they came out, most of mine came in ROTJ packaging... I know there's a picture of me aged about 8 with a Gam Guard MOC Figure in my hand...

I had a few Biker Scouts and Speeders, we had a wooden table in the front room with 8 chairs round it (lots of legs), I used to fly the Biker Scouts on their Speeders, chased by Luke and Leia in and out the legs pretending that they were the trees on the Forest Moon of Endor... Great fun!

I also used to act out various scenes from ROTJ with the minimal figures I had!

Great fun...

Bram

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I remember the first Star Wars toys I got were a Han Hoth and a Speeder Bike. I was in hospital at the time and my cousin got them for me. I can't really remember the kind of games me and my brothers played, but I do know they got broken very quickly, the weapons/capes etc got lost within minutes, and there was a hole in my bedroom floor that a lot of them went in (they're probably still in there!)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
I used to freeze figures in their cardback bubbles, and play in the rockery, make tunnel in the rockery. I remember finding Obi Wan burried in the rockery a few summers after losing him.

jackabina said:
I used to cut out the tiny pictures of the card backs and play with those :oops:

Used to do this too, and make hybrid board games with cut out figures. Made a complete action force game from scratch once using cut outs...

What joy from simplistic things...

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Great idea for a thread. As with Ed this has brought up lots of memories,,if you dont like wistful remeniscience dont read any further... :lol:

Imperial Nuts Toy memories

Now translated into 1.5 languages.

My main memory is of making do with imagination as my folks werent loaded and we lived in the country, far from stores,i never really had many starwars figures and fewer ships.
With foreign relatives from the states and Austrailia i got nice presents at birthdays so action force, and early gi-joe got in the mix.
Like most kids there were garden battles where i would dig a little trench, and due to the fact that i had a lot of time and built airfix , i had the patience to spend hours getting the look right ( i must have been a ****ing joy to hang out with), lollipop sticks for trench supports and bunkers (which may have claimed some toys).
But as we had a garden in a quiet village, my figures would often live out there for weeks all set up.

Indoors i built a styro foam death star from a washing machine packaging,, but it was white so i tried to paint it and my dad killed me as the only paint i could find that would stick was hammerite,, i used a whole tin.
At this time i realised the Bad guys always looked the coolest, and even buying action force , i always went for cobra over Joe,,(until they started making the shitty neon punk looking Dreadnoks which to me looked like cross-dressing mexican man hookers) and i had a few imperials too.

zanzibar.jpg

A crossdressing M.M.H.

officer_moc.jpg

Captain Rocking amazeballs himself

But anything could be turned into a scene a brown duvet was the deserts of tantooine,, a white duvet was Hoth and the one with crazy flowers,,,,,ehh the tescos carpark in Ballymun after 8 pills and a bottle of bacardi..you get the idea.

I always wanted the big ships, and they were always too expensive or sold out or just simply never made it to 1980's donkeytown Ireland.
I remember being in hospital to get my appendix removed and playing pong on a t.v. that smelled of pledge and it was covered in shitty vinyl wood effect,this was the first time i saw a video game , and it didnt really get them.

magnavox.jpg

thats the TV,, thats it,, except i dont think it was colour??

But my mum said i was a brave boy, blah blah blah,, and she asked me if she could get me something to look foward to when i got out of the operation.

I said a millenium falcon,, she said "yes". As a 7 year old kid that really scared me, because if my broke mum was promising me a falcon the odds of me living through the operation must have been slim.
And true enough when i got out all falcons within a 50 mile radius were sold out.

IMGA0837.jpg

only got one last week after a 27 year wait.
In the end she rolled my birthday and christmas present together into one and i got a,,,,,,,
Raliegh strika!!! It was **** then and is Still ****.
The saddle was so wide it would ****in sterilize a camel and the tyres so rough you would get piles,, in your mouth.

strika.jpg

My dad is a carpenter so almost ever christmas i would get a hand made fort which was class for star wars battles,, but he couldnt knock out a death star hanger,, i showed him pictures, but he said "would i prefer something for the soldiers or knights as they dont have wood in space "

there was a phase of battle damaging everything, and some figures were given injuries and war wounds,, mostly the early gi-joe style action force.
then enammel airfix paint for the blood :D

i remember the day i pack them all away, i was 11 and hadnt played with them in a while, they were scattered accross a few boxes my brother had just been born and in our family that meant i moved out of the small room and into the big room so he could share with me.
Which meant toys like that would soon be eaten.

My dad gave me a plastic fishing box with separate compartments and put the figures and their weapons in spaces which were the right size for each.
Then i put them in my attic and picked up my skateboard and went outside for about 24 years.

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
Yeah i have most of them,, i sold some of the non imperials a while back ,,but other than that i have most of them. :D
Sold the Gi-Joe to someone on here. Edd i think.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
I just used to do the Wampa kick with my figures all day long..

That basically means I used to kick all my other figures in the face with the Wampas legs, a little bit like this:

clp07210.gif

(If you want to try this...follow these instructions:)
-Put the Wampa's arms down by his sides
-Hold the Wampa facing your palm so when you do the next step the legs kick out away from you
-Squeeze the arms together and if done correctly the legs will pop out backwards
-Stand any figure in close range and let them have it!

I haven't been able to explain this to anyone successfully yet so..I have hope that the fine SWF members will be able to work it out :lol:

IT WORKED!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

*afk for kicking figures in the face*

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom