Header image

Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Re: Gary Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Postby Hothrebel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 pm

I am pretty new to this forum thing but I remember buying stuff off you (Jason) it was when you used to do the fairs with Mark (Woolard) I also bought a few things mail order from you through off world,I think it was the one in Romford.
Always looking for meccano items

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby JuniorChubb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 pm

Hothrebel wrote:I think I may have stirred up a hornets nest here,I was aware of all this back in the early 90s I thought the whole thing was common knowledge,it certainly was back then.

Being a post millenium collector this is all news to me...

How common is this knowledge?
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything...

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:43 pm

I didn't know this. :?

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby JuniorChubb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 pm

Well, we've still got each other Grant. :(

The amount of questions this throws up is mind boggling. I feel a bit funny, a disturbance as if.....
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything...

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hothrebel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:48 pm

I suppose you have to remember this was all going on over 20 years ago,I think the vintage Star Wars collecting community was a lot smaller ,no ebay ,not a great deal going on on the internet,you had to actually deal with people face to face or at least talk to people over the phone,alot of the big players back then have disappeared ,I know a lot of people I used to buy from and deal with especially at the toy fairs have disappeared or aren't involved in the hobby any more,I always use to keep myself to myself back then.

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Except for VC Jawas on British cards its been well to quite recently.

No bans, tits....this is much needed for that post count. :lol:

mr_palitoy
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby mr_palitoy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Hothrebel wrote:I think I may have stirred up a hornets nest here,I was aware of all this back in the early 90s I thought the whole thing was common knowledge,it certainly was back then.

Sounds like some old time collectors were aware. Certainly not many new collectors are.

Toni's stuff is all case fresh and many have been AFA graded before he sells them or afterwards.

If AFA can't tell they were sealed in the 90's as opposed to the 80's, then they are indistinguishable from the real thing.

So what impact does that have?

:?:

Jason
Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

JuniorChubb
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Postby JuniorChubb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Maulster79 wrote:Except for VC Jawas on British cards its been well to quite recently.

We have got the banned thread for banning.

The Latest acquisitions for increasing your post count

And the links to RS threads for tits.

Do we really need this? I think I preferred the quiet...

Hothrebel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Postby Hothrebel » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:55 pm

You are quite right ,I have always been more than happy with everything I bought off Toni,probably 50+ carded figures over the years

Grant_C
Grand Master
Grand Master

Postby Grant_C » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:00 am

JuniorChubb wrote:
Maulster79 wrote:Except for VC Jawas on British cards its been well to quite recently.

We have got the banned thread for banning.

The Latest acquisitions for increasing your post count

And the links to RS threads for tits.

Do we really need this? I think I preferred the quiet...

So funny. :lol:

itfciain
Approved Trader
Approved Trader

Postby itfciain » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 am

Hmm this thread has definitely taken an interesting turn. Toni is a member on here, perhaps he would like to put his side of the story over?
"I'll probably be broke and homeless but I'll have a hell of a collection!"

For all your display requirements - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=26287

And for vintage goodness - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/iainitfc/_i.html?_sop=3&rt=nc

ace
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby ace » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 am

itfciain wrote:Hmm this thread has definitely taken an interesting turn. Toni is a member on here, perhaps he would like to put his side of the story over?

thats cool he knows me and he knows i know what happened back then and he knows i was also trying to buy the stock from Arthur and i do have a printed out list that i got from Arthur , it was common nonage back then i agree.

they are mint cards and people has a choice of not having the figures on card or buying what Toni had , most felt that they were original figures and original cards and bubbles just they had been put on much latter and not by Palitoy ?

if Toni is on here i think he will agree that this is what happened back then i am not the only one and i know many dealers back then that know this also .

jason

ace
Jedi Trainee
Jedi Trainee

Postby ace » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:12 am

i did have a little dig around in the only history file i have at the house and found this from a year 2000 copy of model mart

This was the first time ever a full set of Palitoy figures was put up for auction.

i thought it was the best way to offer everyone a chance to get what they wanted out of the set and to get the best price for my company , in these days you just sold things and they had a price this was something new back then.

none of this was on line you had to phone in or send a letter in with your bid , we had phone bids till 12 am and then the last offer was taken and if no one put another offer in fro 10 minuets then it was sold , the Luke and the Liea went on being bid on till 1 am if i remember it right. the old way of doing it :-)

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:13 am

Maulster79 wrote:
I find it fucking ironic, that some of the very people who are quick to shoot Jason down are more than happy to celebrate a good time at his conventions. The conventions that actually give to the star wars community by having access to cast and crew some of which I have no idea where in the film. Yet the same people are quick to defend ugrading pricks who are actually destroying the future of the hobby and causing prices to go up.

Havent posted here in ages,but didnt want to turn away from this dig at me

Ok Grant,i know that was a dig at me.Yes,i go to shows run by Jason,but i go to further my collection and meet friends.I dont do it to line his pockets.Seriously,you are still beating the u-grade defending people horse??? such a shame you were not tough enough to meet up with Robbie at CE2.He did mention you done a good job of hiding.Robbie is a good friend of mine,and ill defend him as you defend people here.I defend him as that,a friend and not as a ugrader.

If this is Jason,ive seen your collection in the flesh.Can you remind me where it was on display again??? back in 2000 if i remember correcty (id like Jason/ace to answer that-i know where it was displayed) do have the original advertising poster somewhere.

Also,the Offworld stores you had donea great job in ripping people off.My mother came to you looking for an xmas present for me and either you,or one of those twats who worked for you sold her a sneak preview Mace Windu for about 10 tmes more than it was worth and told her it was limited to 500 worldwide.

There was also an article in a local paper where i live,which stated your store had been caught selling fake props-remember? There were numerous props,not onlySW either

Oh,and BTW im pretty confident that the cards theory is true.I have known of that for a long time,but kept quiet.Ive even heard rumours lately,that many,many Palitoy ROTJ figures were
made as recently as early 2000.So,this can of worms is now well and truly opened.I heard this from 2 reliable sources...

Brown nose sandperson??? WTF???

Grant,if you would like to pm me to discuss please feel free to.Im not looking for a verbal slanging match,just dont like being pointed at.
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

_Lee_
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby _Lee_ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 am

Also,you guys think the guywho apparently has the largest collection in the world doesnt know what U-grading is???seriously???
Vintage toys ,prop and autograph collector and Luton Town FC supporter.
Also try to play guitar with the guy in my avatar as an inspiration!
JASON BECKER STILL THE BEST EVER AND STILL HERE DESPITE A.L.S.

Return to “Vintage Collecting Chat”