Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
At the empire day with Gary Kurtz. In the proP section where you can't take photos they have a case on display with palitoy 12 backs. 1 is A VC Jawa. I'm gonna see if they let me photograph it.

I'm not shitting you and I doubt they would have repo **** next to Harrison ford star wars contract. :shock:

Joe

Grand Master
Maybe it belongs to Jason Joiner :roll: (the man behind Palitoy Yak face mailers, "prototype" grey limbed snowtroopers and "prototype" Ledy 12" R2's! - not to mention all his fake props :D )

e30318is

Sith Lord
I have been trying to find out more info on Jason joiner, I have a feeling I may have bumped into him at an auction.
I know his name is synonymous with dodgy stuff but I can't find any threads about him?
If there are such threads could you post a link, Joe? Odd request but I don't suppose there is a photo of him anywhere? I'm 99% positive the auction guy was called Jason, he told about his props collection, including the original Jabba the hutt and throne :eek: surely if that had survived it would be with Lucas film? Also it would be ****ing huge :lol:

I would love to see some pictures of the Palitoy Jawa. Part of me thinks it does exist. But when it originates from a dodgy source you have to be skeptical.

Hope you chaps have a good day, sounds like there is plenty of interesting stuff. Looking forward to seeing some pictures :D

Joe

Grand Master
Sure Ed-

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t804798/

Check Bill Mcbrides posts:

think he gets a bad rap for all the fake props he has sold in the past. Unfounded??--You can contact almost ANY major prop house in the world, and they will tell you the same thing. I can also direct you to quite a few toy/prop dealers here in the US who have been ripped off by good-ol' Jayson as well.

I don't see how that excuses him of the FACT that he has sold FAKE props in the past. I would suggest you contact Christie's or Sothebys, and ask any of the experts at either house, and see what they have to say.

A quote from Christian in another thread:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1054105/

Code:
The POTF Yak Face Mailer has long been a debatable subject primarily because of the sole source of these items - Jason Joiner. Bill is, as previously mentioned, a pillar of the SW community and a great bloke to deal with. However, and as he quite rightly alluded to in the auction details, the validity of the piece can't be verified 100%.

And Jordan from hollywood heroes here:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055829/

Hi folks-

Despite my better judgment, I am going to repost what I originally wrote. I want to stress that I am only doing this due to the numerous members who have reached out to me privately. Some have suggested that it is my "duty and obligation" to share any information I have about this subject.

Just to be clear, I have nothing to gain or lose from my comments. I do not own or have not sold any bagged Yak Faces. This post is not be seen as any type of commentary for or against Tom D, AFA/CIB. I'm neutral... consider me the "Switzerland" of the collecting community.

I attended the FX 95 Toy Show in Orlando in 1995. I was on a buying trip for Starlog, and was acquiring large amounts of collectible pieces for our stores. It was this particular show that these Yak Faces first made their appearance (as best I recall).

Jason J (Joiner) set up his booth and unpacked numerous suitcases. He traveled back then with his toys in suitcases to save time and money I assume. Space back then, was key. Jason would usually pack items inside larger boxes to save space and maximize the use of the suitcase.

At this show I watched as he unpacked a 12" Stormtrooper. Inside the box, along with the doll, were what appeared to be 70-100 bagged Yak Faces. I watched as he dumped them all over the table. He had more under the table.

I know the numbers were greater than 50 pcs, because I was trying to do a deal for 50 pcs for Starlog. Instead of the Yaks, I spent the money on some "prototypes" he had set aside on the table. The protos were: Gold domed R2-D2, and the Gray Limbed Snowtrooper. He also tried to sell me a Lili-Ledy 12" R2-D2, stating that it too... was a prototype.

The booth also consisted of such treasures such as Burkes original costume from Aliens, and an original Luke Skywalker HERO lightsaber (screen used) from Star Wars... the latter of which, Jason hung from his belt strap and wore around the show (much to the amazement of onlookers).

Looking back, I should have just walked past the booth. But then again... it was amusing to see all the stuff piled up high.

For what it's worth... I was there with Mark Clark as well, who was a dear friend. RIP buddy.

Best to all-
Jordan

Joe

Grand Master
This is him apparently:

6aee1540.jpg

e30318is

Sith Lord
Thanks Joe- looks like there is my afternoon reading sorted :lol:

If that is the guy it's not who I was thinking of. From the quotes you posted he sounds just a tad shonky. With his association that jawa will never be accepted. Total travesty if it is real :roll:

I am amazed he is still active on RS... Wonder why he hasnt been hounded out? It sounds like he is a blatant scam artist, normally the masses speak and scammers are shown the door?

Joe

Grand Master
e30318is said:
I am amazed he is still active on RS... Wonder why he hasnt been hounded out? It sounds like he is a blatant scam artist, normally the masses speak and scammers are shown the door?

I don't think he is active on RS Ed, honestly I don't even think he is registered.

As far as I know Jason is mostly a prop guy but he obviously also owns toys too, he was a big dealer in the 90's that would fly over to the states to sell stuff to the yanks.

He is apparently in the Guinness book of records for having the largest Star Wars collection in the world and as such he managed to join up with Gary Kurtz for all these events/books/archive thingamajigs.

I don't know anyone who knows him personally but his reputation certainly took a beating a few years ago with all the dodgy **** he handled!

As for the Jawa - who knows, I think there is always a chance Palitoy released a VCJ but the odds are stacked against it being true. We may never know!

e30318is

Sith Lord
Edit, my mistake- found this thread:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1075721/

I didn't realise post #5 was a quote- I thought it was straight from the horses mouth. Still I'm surprised there isn't more anninosity towards JJ.
I'm still reading up on this guy :shock:

lee gray

Sith Lord
I have seen him at a couple of events he has organized , I have heard dodgy things about him but at the same time I am not really sure because if he was as dodgy as people say then i dont think he would be doing so many successful shows without harassment.

Joe

Grand Master
lee gray said:
I have seen him at a couple of events he has organized , I have heard dodgy things about him but at the same time I am not really sure because if he was as dodgy as people say then i dont think he would be doing so many successful shows without harassment.

Makes you wonder doesn't it Lee, it's possible time has helped - it's been a long time since his name actually came up with regard to anything dodgy.

Mind you, people like Shaun N still run successful businesses and go to toy shows etc with stalls and nothing happens to him lol

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
e30318is said:
Thanks Joe- looks like there is my afternoon reading sorted :lol:

If that is the guy it's not who I was thinking of. From the quotes you posted he sounds just a tad shonky. With his association that jawa will never be accepted. Total travesty if it is real :roll:

Here is the guy you are thinking of Ed. We discussed this a while back after you returned from the auction. Remember? :wink:

http://skywalkers.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=74

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
At the empire day with Gary Kurtz. In the proP section where you can't take photos they have a case on display with palitoy 12 backs. 1 is A VC Jawa. I'm gonna see if they let me photograph it.

I'm not shitting you and I doubt they would have repo **** next to Harrison ford star wars contract. :shock:

Im pretty sure you were mistaken mate.I was there yesterday too and took a look at the Palitoy diplay they had up.It was only the DS playset and the original 12,but im pretty sure it was a cloth cape.Also,Fords contract was way down the other end of the hall so i dont see how you are saying it was next to it.

With regards to JJ,he did at one time own a shop called 'Offworld' in my local town center.There were various stories flying around,and a local newspaper even exposed the fake props etc.However,Jason did work with other people so i cant say 100% he knew what he was sellin,but he was the boss so.The bagged Yaks incident was very suspect aswell,as were many other things.

Lee

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Took it a bit literal there Lee.

Can I buy 'cloth' jawas from you?

Picture of palitoy VC Jawa tomorrow, when I get back home.

I DON'T GET THEM CONFUSED OR MAKE **** UP. :twisted:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Took it a bit literal there Lee.

Can I buy 'cloth' jawas from you?

Picture of palitoy VC Jawa tomorrow, when I get back home.

I DON'T GET THEM CONFUSED OR MAKE **** UP. :twisted:

Ok,realised my comments were a bit wrong,and that i shouldnt post like that on a forum.I just dont like sarcasm,and i was just trying to put my point across.FWIW,i didnt stand there for ages and look,but my question to you is this:

Would you beleieve Jason Joiner???because i certainly wouldnt going bu his previous record.I dont care what he says he has/hasnt got,but i wouldnt beleive this.Its just too coincidental that this should happen.My personal take on this is that he saw this up for sale from Torres and snapped it up,and as many guys here would know Torres was a lying,cheating tosser aswell.I have every respect for Jason as he puts on some great shows etc for SW fans,but he has a slightly chequered history.Also would like to state that the ESB Boba Fett gun he had at Empire day,was not the one used in the film.Im pretty sure that the Vader bust,and Trooper helmet were not screen used either.

If i am wrong and this i proven legit,i will stand up and admit i was wrong,but that was the point of my first post in this thread-which i was replied to sarcastically.I just wanted to state about the history of how two of these have shown up in dubious collectors hands,and that there is *NO* concrete proof still.Now if i had heard Jim Stevenson,Antoni Emchowiz or Andy Clarke had unearthed one then it could have been more positive,but something just doesnt sit right with me.Dont try to tell me that JJ wouldnt realise that people were searching to see if this existed and kept his mouth shut-that just doesnt add up.He is a SW historian and would have let this be known a long time ago.i think he has seen chat oer the past few years,and decided to un-earth one.Also,hearing Darren (Starzone)say it was a Vinyl Cape is very positive as he knows his stuff,but im still on the fence.

TFB,whatever you say mate-you are another one who is full of ****.You spent half your time churning out repros knowing you were damaging the hobby and you criticise Robbie for his AFA thing.Honestly,its like one of you get bitten here,and the wolf pack jumps on you.You are calling Robbie(who is a very good friend of mine-even though i dont like AFA) a piece of ****??? for the sake of a ****ing toy???? grow up for **** sake. A lot of the people here and in other places are hypocrytical as they will slag Robbie off on one place,and then try to buy something from him the next minute.I would more of less bet you wouldnt have the bollocks to say it to his face aswell.Yes,i get annoyed when people call my friends such names and will say something.Its called loyalty.And dont give me the rubbish that he is being disloyal to SW fans with his AFA,ing because it wont wash.Did you call Toytoni a piece of **** for hoarding figures away??? do you call AFA graders pieces of ****??? Also,i know you collect cardbacks so would place a good bet that you have bought cardbacks in the past with cut bubbles that probably originated from AFA grading-so whos the piece of **** now?

One last thing,i have never said i was elitist or anything-im just sick of all the pathetic,childish actions taking place on forums nowadays.I respect certain people immensly,and will continue to do so but dont ask me to respect people whom are just out to start a fight in every thread,whom are not willing to listen to both sides etc.

Again,i apologise for my language,but will not apologise for what i was trying to say.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Well I don't think a pic taken through a glass display cabinet will settle this one
If the likes of Gary,Darren,yourself Lee and other experienced collectors have never come across one then the chances are we may never see one,but you never do know.

I take your point Lee about 'new' collectors posting comments that may well wind up more experienced guys such as yourself but imagine if you had seen it and didn't know the whole history of JJ or how many fakes there are out there, I can understand someone getting a bit excited if they thought they had seen one. Yeah ,maybe do a bit of homework before saying ' I've come across a Pali VCJ' but I don't think he deserved that rant.

Not looking to start an arguement,and just my thoughts.

Here is hoping for a good pic later on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom