Vectis Auction November 28th TV+Film

quins

Padawan
Supporter
olisuds said:
That sounds pretty concerning that you can be the higher bidder and not actually win. It's not the first time i've heard this either. However i wonder what they can actually do about it after the auction particularly if people have paid. What do they do, call people up and say sorry mate were giving you your money back, someone else actually won it?

Agree nothing they can do really but thought I had better check to understand what went on.
Done my bank balance a favour anyway :)

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
That sounds pretty concerning that you can be the higher bidder and not actually win. It's not the first time i've heard this either. However i wonder what they can actually do about it after the auction particularly if people have paid. What do they do, call people up and say sorry mate were giving you your money back, someone else actually won it?

I had the same problem a few years ago. Mine was an electronic bid which was above the price realised, and still shows up on my bid history as more than the final price. I was really annoyed and queried it, but basically they just said tough!! They couldn't give a **** to be honest. :evil:

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hi all, in my case it was a pre auction bid, and they said that there was another bid of the same amount first. To be honest I spent enough in September so was not too bothered , but I would have thought the system would have said that I was not the highest bidder.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I think I would disagree regarding the most sought after potf figures.

I think people are realising that these things are ticking time bombs. It may have graded 90 initially but look at how yellow the bubble is now. These niktos don't fit the bubble very well and the horns tend to be pressed against the top of the bubble.

That will be brittle as anything. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable posting it graded.

spoons

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:

I think people are realising that these things are ticking time bombs. It may have graded 90 initially but look at how yellow the bubble is now. These niktos don't fit the bubble very well and the horns tend to be pressed against the top of the bubble.

That will be brittle as anything. I certainly wouldn't be comfortable posting it graded.

Totally agree. Kenner POTF prices will crash as these bubbles start cracking. Unless they are stored flat the pressure of the figures will eventually break through the base of the bubbles. Posting graded ones is a real gamble.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Mr-shifter said:

Totally agree. Kenner POTF prices will crash as these bubbles start cracking. Unless they are stored flat the pressure of the figures will eventually break through the base of the bubbles. Posting graded ones is a real gamble.
I agree with with of you both about the bubbles, I have one that had no cracks at all when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago.
It went straight into a GW case, I looked closely at the bubble last weekend and low and behold a crack has appeared in the base.
I'm sure it wasn't there when I bought it, maybe time to move some of these on, but am concerned about posting them as mentioned.
This started me looking closely at my other MOCs and I'm sure that a few ESB Kenner ones have the bubble lifting more than when purchased, I suppose the whole MOC thing is a ticking time bomb!
Difficult!

spoons

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
spoons said:
Mr-shifter said:

I agree with with of you both about the bubbles, I have one that had no cracks at all when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago.
It went straight into a GW case, I looked closely at the bubble last weekend and low and behold a crack has appeared in the base.
I'm sure it wasn't there when I bought it, maybe time to move some of these on, but am concerned about posting them as mentioned.
This started me looking closely at my other MOCs and I'm sure that a few ESB Kenner ones have the bubble lifting more than when purchased, I suppose the whole MOC thing is a ticking time bomb!
Difficult!

Feel for you mini but thats my view too. The biggest impact on the hobby will be when the bubbles start going. Die cast could be sooner because of the weight but the bubbles tend to not yellow. Eventually all the bubbles will fall off so cracks won't be a problem :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
Mini99 said:
spoons said:
Difficult!

Feel for you mini but thats my view too. The biggest impact on the hobby will be when the bubbles start going. Die cast could be sooner because of the weight but the bubbles tend to not yellow. Eventually all the bubbles will fall off so cracks won't be a problem :)
I think your right about diecast Andy, but will those bubbles go eventually?
Large and heavy objects inside yellowing bubbles is just a disaster waiting to happen, especially if posted.
Just wondering when/if it will be acceptable to refix the bubbles somehow, as there will have to come a time when this is the only way to preserve these things.
Perhaps grading companies/acrylic case manufacturers could offer something to fit over the bubble thats not as intrusive as the bubble protectors they offer now?

spoons

Grand Master
That's a good idea. They do boxes round bubbles as it is, not ideal in the post but good for display

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
spoons said:
That's a good idea. They do boxes round bubbles as it is, not ideal in the post but good for display
Perhaps someone is reading this and could bring this to market?
10% commission would be ok! :lol:

jared007

Padawan
Maybe *skin-wrapping* all MOC will be common place in the future :)

(If you aren't sure what I'm talking about: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=42005)

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
Wowzers that Palitoy 45 back Leia Bespin went high

It sure did, but we r talking about something that is currently unique :!: It's the first factory sealed MOC Palitoy 45a Leia Bespin to turn up :!: :!:
There were many serious collectors who over looked the status of this one :!: :!: :!:

Many many congrats to the winner :wink:

olisuds

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
olisuds said:
Wowzers that Palitoy 45 back Leia Bespin went high

It sure did, but we r talking about something that is currently unique :!: It's the first factory sealed MOC Palitoy 45a Leia Bespin to turn up :!: :!:
There were many serious collectors who over looked the status of this one :!: :!: :!:

Many many congrats to the winner :wink:

Oh wow well in that case it's probably worth the money. The condition looked great. And I hear there is only 1 45b too so all round ultra rare on a Palitoy 45 back.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Yes condition was superb, had it in hand today :) sure bet 80 grade poss better 8)

Same owner has the 45b too :wink:

olisuds

Sith Lord
Well I thought I knew who had the 45b but now I'm not so sure. They're not yours are they? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom