Gray Hoth Trooper facts and not fiction

olisuds

Sith Lord
Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I haven't seen the audio on this but I'd be interested in how the question was framed and how he responded exactly because it sounds more like a suggestion rather than him stating it as a fact. I thought these were not molded in grey - they are white on the inside right? There is something that has caused the rapid degradation and colour change.

I'm kind of out of touch on variants these days but are we saying the Disco boots DSC is Palitoy now? And surely people aren't paying £5k for these now are they?

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the reply. I agree £500 still sounds on the high side IMHO, but it makes the figure a damn sight more affordable than if it was 5 grand! :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
Thanks for the reply. I agree £500 still sounds on the high side IMHO, but it makes the figure a damn sight more affordable than if it was 5 grand! :lol:
One of these "disco boots" varients sold for £1400 on FB in Sept 17! :eek:

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
olisuds said:
I'm kind of out of touch on variants these days but are we saying the Disco boots DSC is Palitoy now? And surely people aren't paying £5k for these now are they?
Having followed a recent discussion on Echo Vintage Variants between we'll know variant collectors Sergio Sierra, Lee Martin and James Guernsey there seems to be a debate as to whether all DSC DB are PBP made. It appears that they come in two different plastics - one which has the typical PBP smell and is brittle like the PBP Luke FB; and some that are molded in a totally different plastic without the typical PBP smell. Perhaps this lends credence to the theory that Palitoy were involved in the process at some point.

Both the DSC DB and Grey Limbed Snowtrooper threads are worth reading if you're a member over there.

olisuds

Sith Lord
Cool great info - thank you.

And great to hear Lee Martin is still about. I haven't seen his name in a while. He was defo one of the great variant collectors and a really nice guy too.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
I should just clarify my earlier statement that the discussion was started by Sergio Sierra referencing Lee Martin (and not containing contributions from Lee), but also included responses from James Gurney, Javi Ruilopez, Marco Jay and Enric Rovira, all of whom own an example / examples of the DSC DB figure. And I know not many people do. Sorry to get your hopes up about Lee :oops:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom