Palitoy 12 & 20 Back Questions?

wrighty

Sith Lord
Not sure what is left but this will get your wallet a little lighter!! :lol:

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30067

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I had seen this post previously, the only figure I was looking for was the Chewbacca unfortunately it has a yellow bubble and I would prefer to buy a clear one.

Thanks for sending me the link though.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

I had seen this post previously, the only figure I was looking for was the Chewbacca unfortunately it has a yellow bubble and I would prefer to buy a clear one.

Do you have the Stormtrooper and Luke already then?

Ian

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Yes I already have the Luke and Stormtrooper, the only 12 Backs I currently need are Jawa, Ben and Chewbacca (this obviously excludes variants but I would imagine they would be almost impossible to get).

Thanks

wrighty

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

James is selling this clear bubble Chewie!

http://starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30095

sith-smith

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

I looked at the Mr Palitoy Cardback Guide briefly on my phone which looks like an excellent point of reference for me so thank you for providing me with that link. Is this site the best place to determine the rarity of different figures within a certain card type and give an indication of anticipated purchase price?

Would most of the figures offered on Facebook for sale also be offered on this site as well?

How are miscards perceived in collectors circles like the Jawa on the Boba Fett card for sale at vectis? Are they generally only collected by specific miscard collectors? Are they considered a grail item given their rarity or a quirky oddity used as a talking point (just looking for people's opinions)?

Sorry about all the questions

Thanks for your help.

Mr Palitoy's guide is a fantastic source of guidance for collecting Palitoy MOC, however it will not necessarily tell you about rarity as this is an ever changing thing, particularly in recent years when so many have turned up in various numbers. You'll have a better guide simply asking here as people can refer directly to recent and long term experiences.

Do remember though that rarity, availability and price are different things. And people will use the first two to get the most out of the 3rd! And not always justifiably/correctly.

Lots of people offer things for sale on FB that are not members here and vice versa, so the two are not synonymous. There is a SWF page on FB...not sure if there are sales on there as well as here.

Like all things, Miscards are perceived differently depending on who you ask. If you like them they're great, if you don't they're nothing. 'Grail item' is a relative term. There are items that are considered a grail, yet a lot of people couldn't care less. Many miscards are not rare at all, often more common than regular production items.

Ultimately, as already said, buy what you like. If you buy based on other people's opinions, then it isn't really 'your' collection.

With regard to debut 30 backs, these 20 are far harder to put together than the 20 SW cards. Cost is very high for many of them. Most, if not all (particularly at the 85 grade) have gone well over the £1k mark and I'd imagine half of them are probably £2/3k+ and let's not forget the Fett which sold for 18k.

The more prohibitive issue is availability. They are definitely rarer than 12/20 backs but also very popular cards. Consequently the few that are out there are often tightly locked into collections. Only occasionally do some of the rarer ones come up for public sale. It's been 18 years between the last two public sales of Fett for example. Admittedly he is an extreme case, but compare that to the rarest 12/20 (excluding the 2 rare variations) and you see why a 30 back set is almost impossible to do...at least quickly. The next level of rarity still appear significantly less often than the 12/20s...and that a good 7/8 figures to find.

As for 41 backs, no one really knows much about rarity as in all honesty no one hugely cares. Several 41 backs came up for sale last year that in my experience are particular tough, but they went for far less than even some of the more common 30 backs. Demand as is often the case, has just as big an effect on price as rarity/availability.

No need to apologise for asking question. Best way to learn and collectors should always be willing to share what experiences/knowledge they can to help out others.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Firstly thanks for your informative response.

Why do you think Palitoy 41 backs are less popular in collecting (I presume this is what you meant in your previous post)?

Does the same apply to 45A backs?

Thanks for your time

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

Why do you think Palitoy 41 backs are less popular in collecting (I presume this is what you meant in your previous post)?

Thanks for your time

No figure had its first release on 41 Back which makes them less desirable than other Palitoy Logoed figures.

45A is desirable as it's the only Palitoy card with a blue circle special offer on the front and is the first release card for some figures.

Jason

sith-smith

Grand Master
Jason is spot on with that. Though there is still the debate over the Dengar debuting on the 41.

There are a lot of MOC to collect potentially and certainly with a lot of the Palitoy they are very hard to find and/or very expensive.

Unless a cardback has a particular appeal then people won't focus on it. People do collect the 41 backs. I have a fair few but they are largely over shadowed by the 30....I have a few of those too! :D

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
mr_palitoy said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

Thanks for your time

No figure had its first release on 41 Back which makes them less desirable than other Palitoy Logoed figures.

45A is desirable as it's the only Palitoy card with a blue circle special offer on the front and is the first release card for some figures.

Jason

Hi

If no figure had its first release on a 41 back does that mean that the additional 11 figures found on a 41 back card that are not seen on a 30 back card are actually available on a 30 back card?

Thanks for your help.

sith-smith

Grand Master
No one knows

There are for certain

Ben
DSC
Leia
Han
Luke x wing

Though not all of those have been found sealed

There are countless others reported, but none physically confirmed

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
sith-smith said:
No one knows

There are for certain

Ben
DSC
Leia
Han
Luke x wing

And chewie

Jason

sith-smith

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
sith-smith said:
No one knows

There are for certain

Ben
DSC
Leia
Han
Luke x wing

And chewie

Jason

oops yes. him too :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Wreck-It Ralph said:
Hi

The additional 11 figures on the 41 back card (except Dengar) do they exist as sealed examples?

Thanks

If I understand which 11 you are referring to, then yes

They appear on the 30b card

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom