Vintage SW is still affordable - £50 or less MOCs latest acquisitions

SOJ

Sith Lord
I may not have been on the here much this year but that doesn't mean I have been busy collecting.

Having almost completed my Empire run and having only a few heavy hitters to get, I started looking at completing my run of Jedi Figues on Jedi cards.

In the process I've picked up some absolute bargains. I've just worked out I've paid an average of £28.66 for each of them. All are fully sealed with no cracks, a few just have the odd ding and dent and some yellow bubbles.

B-wing pilot £35
Palitoy Gam Guard £35
Bib (Tsukuda) £41
Ree Yees (from Chris Mann a couple of FF ago) £35
Chief Cherpa £20
Squid Head £30
8D8 £28
Lumnat £40
Then at FF this weekend I picked up Teebo, Madine, Logray and AT-ST driver all for £20 each from my man Nick.

image_zpsuwrxulup.jpg

Bargains galore; you just need a little patience, some saved Ebay searches and a partner who doesn't mind you visiting Fordingbridge every 3 or 4 months.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
Richard_H said:
All from Farthest From

20c R5D4 for £10 (which I already own unfortunately :cry: )

An ESB Hoth Trooper for £30

A Ree Yees for £25

Teebo for £35

Prunce Face for £40

Trilogo Nikto for £30

Klaatu Skiff for £40

I'll buy the r5d4 if you dont want it :wink: :lol:

SOJ

Sith Lord
Alltooeasy said:
Balls :( hopefully he asked before me otherwise I've been shafted :(

pretty certain you haven't been shafted as it wasn't up for sale. It's up to Richard who he sells it to whether you pm'd first or not.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Alltooeasy said:

Whoa fella!

Hoping this post was made in jest as we don't want any bad feeling on the forum. Rich is a stand-up guy and would never do something like that. As mentioned before this was never up for sale and I was at FF on sunday and heard Rich mention that he may already have the variation so i was glad to see this in his post and contacted him via pm to ask if he was looking to pass it on.

Anyways this thread is great and hope Edd or another admin can delete these few posts after a few days so the bargain goodness only is on show :D

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
robpmarsh said:
Alltooeasy said:

Whoa fella!

Hoping this post was made in jest as we don't want any bad feeling on the forum. Rich is a stand-up guy and would never do something like that. As mentioned before this was never up for sale and I was at FF on sunday and heard Rich mention that he may already have the variation so i was glad to see this in his post and contacted him via pm to ask if he was looking to pass it on.

Anyways this thread is great and hope Edd or another admin can delete these few posts after a few days so the bargain goodness only is on show :D

No no mate not saying it in a bad way or offensive way. Just would feel bummed if I had enquired first about it but it was then sold to someone after i had asked first. Or been told someones enquired first but didn't get an answer. Probably my fault for not sending a direct pm! I miss out again lol

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
SOJ said:
Alltooeasy said:

pretty certain you haven't been shafted as it wasn't up for sale. It's up to Richard who he sells it to whether you pm'd first or not.

Of course but if someone did enquire first is it not etiquette on here to offer it to that person first. Or at least inform them of an update. Either way ive missed another bargain again lol

lejackal

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:
SOJ said:
Alltooeasy said:

Of course but if someone did enquire first is it not etiquette on here to offer it to that person first. Or at least inform them of an update. Either way ive missed another bargain again lol
It wasn't offered for public sale, it was sold between two long term collectors and friends for mates rates, on the open market a far higher price would have asked for and achieved, you've missed nothing, Richard did something good for the hobby by helping another collector and Rob got a bargain for his less than perfect MOC run.

EDIT- not to say there is anything wrong with his run but to say they are well loved cards :D

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Alltooeasy said:
SOJ said:

It wasn't offered for public sale, it was sold between two long term collectors and friends for mates rates, on the open market a far higher price would have asked for and achieved, you've missed nothing, Richard did something good for the hobby by helping another collector and Rob got a bargain for his less than perfect MOC run.

EDIT- not to say there is anything wrong with his run but to say they are well loved cards :D

Fair enough. I see the pecking order on here. Newbies dont get offered anything or helped out on their own collections. I know who to buy from and not buy from. Thanks for the tip

lejackal

Grand Master
Alltooeasy said:
lejackal said:
Alltooeasy said:

Fair enough. I see the pecking order on here. Newbies dont get offered anything or helped out on their own collections. I know who to buy from and not buy from. Thanks for the tip
It's not a pecking order it's friends looking out for each other

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Ross_Barr said:
Got this MOC for $40 (think that's like 6 quid :D ) this weekend - bubble is perfect and almost fully clear:

Sadly because of brexit it's actually about £40. Until trump starts laying bricks on the border, then it might go back to £6.

Alltooeasy

Jedi Knight
lejackal said:
Alltooeasy said:
lejackal said:

It's not a pecking order it's friends looking out for each other

Exactly. So unless you have 'friends' on here you wont really get any deals or bargains will you.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I was helped out loads when i first came on this forum....you get to know people from meetups, celebration and FF.....we all have to start somewhere no matter who we are.

......and there's nowt wrong with my beater collection....they have more 'character' than a pristine MOC :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Alltooeasy said:
lejackal said:
Alltooeasy said:

Hello mate.

This isn't Facebook. There are few rules here but you will find that it's not first to put their hands up gets to buy everything.

There's no pecking order. You will get all the help and guidance you need, and you are far more likely to get offered stuff you want first here then on any group.

Give it a chance if you want, or don't. One thing I will say is that it is not just a trading site. You will find far more engaged conversation here, as well as a lot more knowledge. You will also be able to network, and again, you will find more people on here will look out for you then on any Facebook group.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult for some of the Facebook groups to accept there is a world beyond theirs, and a large amount of rarer and more interesting stuff does not pass through their little kingdom, it even get offered up in public. You will get offered more interesting items at better prices if you just go out there's and make friends with other collectors.

This is an example in point. These two were drinking with each other over the weekend. Do you know what conversation may have gone on there about this piece?

poncho

Grand Master
Back on topic.....

Talking of facebook a rare fb purchase from july

from frostie and weaponless begginings

Before
P1050548_zpsakvo9cbo.jpg

P1050547_zpsweceg1re.jpg

After.......to budget ROTJ Pali MOC goodness £23 inc P&P from a Facebook group would you believe it! there is a gap in the bubble between the 2 prongs where the weapon escaped over the years. WBG is now reunited with a blaster and is defrosted and card been wiped/dusted down and displays beautifully i think. love the fact his head has gone 'translucent' over time too

enjoy 8)

P1050563_zpsyxrf6zk8.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom