Sales via PM - is it fair Poll

Should all a sales be on the thread rather than via PM??

• 1. All sales to be done on the for sales post in the public eye

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • 2. free to PM to for sales

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
We all have within us our devilish pride,
It's a human trait, so difficult to hide,
If we err, if we falter or make a mistake,
What defines us is the next action we take,
Regret can be a chalice that we may spurn,
But with contrition respect we most definitely earn,
We can do what we wish, we may do what we can,
It's our actions that show the measure of a man

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I know I know, said I would not comment further but the evidence is right there for any fool to see & by fool yes I mean you Jason as you are bang out of order

mr_palitoy said:
jedisearcher said:
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
So I think what Jason is trying to say is sorry,

Perhaps he's big enough to say it himself.

Not sorry, led to believe Frank's deal had fallen through by PM from Frank I received. Found out from seller deal had actually happened.

Jason

Why don

What you posted yourself as the message in question -

Re: Meccano Power Droid Cardback any value??
Sent: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 am
Recipient: Frunkstar

But no worries, keep the apology I can see it's too bitter a pill to swallow for you to accept that you could be in the wrong over this.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
I know I know, said I would not comment further but the evidence is right there for any fool to see & by fool yes I mean you Jason as you are bang out of order

mr_palitoy said:
jedisearcher said:
Perhaps he's big enough to say it himself.

Not sorry, led to believe Frank's deal had fallen through by PM from Frank I received. Found out from seller deal had actually happened.

Jason

Why don

What you posted yourself as the message in question -

Re: Meccano Power Droid Cardback any value??
Sent: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:09 am
Recipient: Frunkstar

But no worries, keep the apology I can see it's too bitter a pill to swallow for you to accept that you could be in the wrong over this.

Frank, I'd asked you about how the deal I stood aside for you had gone. In the PM thread where you asked me about a mecanno cardback. I could also have also have asked you about the weather. But since the the thread title says mecanno, we couldn't possibly be talking about weather or anything else for that matter....

Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
I've said what I have to say, we both know who's rite & who's wrong in our own minds, lets leave it at that & move along eh.

Yeah happy to. Apologies if I've misrepresented what you said. I know the question I asked, and answer I received. Seems you felt I asked a different question and you gave me an answer relating to a different deal I had no involvement in.

Jason

Frunkstar

Grand Master
It was a different deal Jason, you were thinking of the Meccano deal which if you red the for sales thread I linked earlier you will see I was backdoored on, the Harbard deal was a different matter all together & I actually thanked you kindly for stepping aside on that deal, so you do have your wires crossed, sadly I think damage is now done regardless, a friendly PM would have sufficed as we could have worked out what was going on without publicly slating me, you may have wanted to ask me about the MP deal as well before going off half cocked with only 2nd hand information to go on rather that actually asking me.

Anyhow seems from whats been said I much be guilty as charged by way of the tassh -

IMGP2103_zpshbh37a9l.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
so on a slight tangent from the PM v thread reply debate I have just found myself in a fastest to pay race on here as the seller offered the same figure to two of us and then told me it was no longer available as he had sold to someone else despite me asking for and being provided the total?
Funny enough I won't bother attempting to deal with him again.
Apologies for sidetracking the main event but this seemed the best place to vent my frustrations.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
lejackal said:
so on a slight tangent from the PM v thread reply debate I have just found myself in a fastest to pay race on here as the seller offered the same figure to two of us and then told me it was no longer available as he had sold to someone else despite me asking for and being provided the total?
Funny enough I won't bother attempting to deal with him again.
Apologies for sidetracking the main event but this seemed the best place to vent my frustrations.

Maybe I got the poll questions wrong, maybe it should have been - do we need a name& shame pinned post

1. yes

2. no

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry to hear your deal went south, sounds totally out of order by the soundsof things, what is this who wants to be a millionaire ??

Palifan

Sith Lord
Frunkstar said:
Palifan said:
Just to clarify Frank, are we talking about people PM ing sellers in the sales thread or people Pm ing people who are asking for a valuation of their item? It seems like two different things to me and I just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone.

One slightly confused Ian! :lol:

Was on about actual sale, but a hugely valid point you have raised as this is even more relevant to valuation post where this also frequently seems to happen, the thread below is a perfect example as it happened just the other day -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30815

Thanks for clearing that up Frank and fortunately I ended up answering both of those scenarios so now I'm up to speed, sometimes it can take a while when you get older (and I'm not the only one judging by this thread) :lol:

Ian

Lindo

Sith Lord
well that was an entertaining read should put up a vote Jason or Frank poll, on what I read my vote goes to Frank :p

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
As a seller I almost always go on order of PM received, unless of course as Oli has said, it's a well known flipper who will just pass your items on.

As for buying I usually put pm sent on a thread, but can see both sides, as I've also just sent the seller a PM, especially if it's a high end item.

I agree that there sometimes needs to be a level.if privacy if the buyer wishes so.

What I will say is, in all the years I've been a member on this superb forum, never once have i had a bad experience in either buying or selling. That to me is what's important, long may it continue :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
As a seller I almost always go on order of PM received, unless of course as Oli has said, it's a well known flipper who will just pass your items on.

"Almost always" is the key isn't it. If it's a rule then you've got no discretion and you could (potentially) find yourself having to sell to that flipper to comply with the rules. I bet 99% of us end up dealing with the first person to PM anyway, but imo it's good to have the flexibility for the odd time when you need it.

yoda

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Lee Gregory said:

"Almost always" is the key isn't it. If it's a rule then you've got no discretion and you could (potentially) find yourself having to sell to that flipper to comply with the rules. I bet 99% of us end up dealing with the first person to PM anyway, but imo it's good to have the flexibility for the odd time when you need it.

I think what is said here is the most sensible approach for us all on the forum.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Dannywhiteley said:
SublevelStudios said:
Iike some of these FB groups with power tripping admins introducing dickhead rules

Who on earth do you mean?

In their defense you were ripping open sealed carded figures and selling the figure, weapon and cardback separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom