Updated sales rules

Joe

Grand Master
Just a heads up in case anyone hasn't seen the thread yet, we decided it was time to finally put in place a "prices must be listed" rule (as there had been some problems lately with "behind the scenes auctions" happening) so just wanted to make sure you were all aware of this.

The new rules thread is stickied at the top of the sales section, same old rules (plus the new price rule) but now it's all in the same place for everyone.

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23184

Cheers!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
tiefighterboy said:
It was either that...or we continue to flame them.

(wait...we still will as nobody reads rules) :lol:

Or enforces them :lol:

Palifan

Sith Lord
Smart move Joe and the rest of the gang as it makes things clear. Also if someone does list with no prices they can be pointed in the direction of the rules and not argue about it (even though most people would go with how everyone else does things on here without questioning it).

Also it's interesting how a lot of Palitoy rare items have recently turned up on ebay and not shifted…….that's all I'm saying!

Ian

Joe

Grand Master
Nah, it's never actually been an official rule. Most people listed prices when they sold (common sense) but in the last couple of weeks/months we've had a few people listing items for sale without a price, then taking offers behind the scenes till they get what they want - so now it's "official" lol :)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Am i the only one who thought this was already a rule?? :?

That is because if they did not post a price...we set them on fire.

On a side note....FB is riddled with these tools saying "PM me"..."Make me an Offer". It's like a plague that has spread to here.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joe said:
Nah, it's never actually been an official rule. Most people listed prices when they sold (common sense) but in the last couple of weeks/months we've had a few people listing items for sale without a price, then taking offers behind the scenes till they get what they want - so now it's "official" lol :)

I've actually seem MODs many times inform people 'You must include a sale price with your post'. So assumed it was a rule.
But anyway, good that it now is an official rule. ****ing hate that "make me an offer" culture the US forums seem so fond of. It just doesn't work and only frightens off potential buyers. Many times i've fancied something listed for sale and been put off by a "make me an offer" rather than a price. Can't be bothered with all the pissing around involved. One time i actually did bother making a seller an offer (a requested in his sale) and got a rude response as my offer wasn't anywhere near what he was after. :roll: PUT A CUNTING PRICE ON IT THEN YOU ****ING TOOL!!! :x :x :x

Sorry. I'm done now. :lol:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Joe said:

I've actually seem MODs many times inform people 'You must include a sale price with your post'. So assumed it was a rule.
But anyway, good that it now is an official rule. ****ing hate that "make me an offer" culture the US forums seem so fond of. It just doesn't work and only frightens off potential buyers. Many times i've fancied something listed for sale and been put off by a "make me an offer" rather than a price. Can't be bothered with all the pissing around involved. One time i actually did bother making a seller an offer (a requested in his sale) and got a rude response as my offer wasn't anywhere near what he was after. :roll: PUT A CUNTING PRICE ON IT THEN YOU ****ING TOOL!!! :x :x :x

Sorry. I'm done now. :lol:

And breathe...

Nah I get what your saying Pete and it is very infuriating. I have an seller I am trying to deal with right know like this.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you all agree.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom