What piece in your collection makes you smile and why?

SOJ

Sith Lord
I'm not necessarily talking about your favourite, the most expensive or most rare. Just something that brings a smile to your face, warms the cockles and let's you wallow in nostalgia, even just the thought of it.

For me it's my Dengar mailer I picked up in a job lot a couple of weeks back. I was only born in '79 but I was into Star Wars from age 3 (so I'm told) so I only have vague memories of getting this but cant stop smiling very time I see it now.

My mum was over today and I showed it to her. She remembered cutting the cards and sending off it. Randomly 2 were delivered. She opened one and gave it to me to play with and the other lived in our junk draw in the kitchen for years but she can't remember what happened to it. (Im not holding out any hope of finding it, my dad was a ruthless bastard when it came to throwing out toys.) It was great though hearing her talk about it, she also told me unprompted my Ackbar was a mailer, shocked she knew his name. Something else to add to my most wanted list.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
My childhood Wally makes me smile...

Only surviving figure from my childhood collection, I remember playing in the bath with him as a kid, I remember him coming on holidays and singing the Washa washa Walrus Man song. His arm fell of just like it did in the film, this guy is real 8)

Here he is with his new Aqualish army...

wally_zpscc8ea3b1.jpg

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
For me it's my childhood Bossk, he is mint as for some reason like he was never played with even though he was 8) Anyway my other half took a liking to him and where my collection has it's own room at my parents. Bossk sits proudly at our place with a new name(given by my other half) of 'Reg'! :lol:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
It's really refreshing that the items people are talking about are their old childhood stuff rather than newly bought stuff. Mines the same, the only surviving figure from my childhood, a Ben Kenobi with no cloak or sabre and a badly chipped beard. He survived only because he got mixed in with some play people stuff that my Mum kept for the grandkids, whereas everything else disappeared. I did wonder about getting him his accessories but there just doesn't seem to be any point :D

TheGent

Jedi Master
It's the Vader that stands on my early bird mail in display stand. It was the first figure I bought when I startet collecting again after almost twenty years.

He was said to be recently removed from a cutcard. I opened the bubbled envelope, unwrapped the additional bubble foil, removed the figure from the plastic bag and immediately noticed the sweet (plastic softener typical?) smell of the vinyl cape I remember smelling as a kid back then when I got a Vader and removed it from the card.

Like this had just been bought for me for Christmas.

itfciain

Grand Master
My Hybrid White Bespin Guard is probably the piece that makes me smile the most - it was the first piece that I made a proper beeline for - waited for the auction and then felt really good after I purchased it (my first SW Buzz!)

The other piece is my one-legged Rebel Commando that I found under a hedge when I was about 8 or 9 as this is represents my childhood and was part of many games (most being how he got his leg blown off !!)

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I know you said the piece, but I have 3 items in my collection I love above all others that always raise a smile every time i glance at them, have posted before about them on similar threads but always happy to share a photo or 2 of these things I love so much.

1st is my sole surviving childhood figure as with some of you other guys, its my poseable stormie -

IMGP7224_zpsefc786a5.jpg

IMGP7223_zpsd75e2331.jpg

IMGP7222_zps935381ce.jpg

Next in line is my pin head han baggie that took me 5 years to track down & one of my grail baggies -

IMGP8954.jpg

& lastly an item I never thought I would have the opportunity of adding to my collection, the SO X-Wing which was where the above pin head baggie originated -

IMGP6458_zpsbee9314d.jpg

Lets see some more photos on this & keep it rolling, would love to see more of those childhood figures guys

Robstyley

Sith Lord
There's a few bits that bring a smile to my face: all my childhood ships, X-Wing, Snowspeeder, Scout Walker and Speeder bike because they are my actual ones I played with and they remind me of my childhood home. Also my Blonde Luke Farmboy because it was my favourite figure as a kid :D

kvavik

Jedi Knight
Great topic. Palitoy 30 back yoda with cut nameplate. Love the big Palitoy logo on this figure, and will never own a complete one. Still one of my favorites though.

x-pack

Grand Master
My most recent purchase - the Caravan of Courage Ewok badge I got from Grant with the mental looking Ewok :lol:

SOJ

Sith Lord
1st is my sole surviving childhood figure as with some of you other guys, its my poseable

Reckon that's what the Ep7 stormies should look like after 30+ years of action

grinchy

Sith Lord
My childhood squidhead figure still makes me smile after all these years, i only recently got him back along with a load more of my childhood figures, just a cool looking figure, that and the first figure i ever opened x wing luke

x-pack

Grand Master
grinchy said:
My childhood squidhead figure still makes me smile after all these years, i only recently got him back along with a load more of my childhood figures, just a cool looking figure, that and the first figure i ever opened x wing luke

Squiddy is cool. I remember going on holiday somewhere and being in the back of my dad's estate car playing with Squidhead. Funny really. Did you not have to wear a rear seatbelt in '83? :?

Thanks for the memory :)

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Crikey Frank, that X-Wing is stunning.

Although a recent purchase, my boxed Palitoy Talking R2 as it's one item I remember choosing as a xmas present in the early 80's. Sadly, I don't own anything from my childhood - just memories of stuff, but if I could have one piece from back then that I could treasure now it would be this.

And my boxed 15" IG 88 as it's a piece I thought I'd never own.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
The pieces in my collection are my childhood Leia Boushh and an AT-AT bulb cover :) long story cut short is tgat my parents went away, asked me to feed the cat and generally check everything was well. This particular day i was bored so thought id see if there was something that Mum hadnt given away, as she told me everything was given to a family friend. So into the loft i go feeling around with a torch, was at it for an hour with nothing then i felt some small legs and a bit of Boussh :D the smile on my face was huge. I then brushed against the bulb cover from my AT-AT. All didnt end well though as through my joy i sprang up, hit my head on a joist with a bail head sticking out and i looked like id been shot. Blood everywhere, but glad they live a 2 min walk to the hospital so off for stitches and tetanus i went:)

Funny thing is that i know for fact that this was the last ever moc figure i opened in 84:) kind of ironic that is:)

On another note,i will be searching the other loft soon as im sure my Yoda puppet is up there allbeit covered in paint!!!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
12 Back Chewbacca wife brought as a wedding present because I didn't wont a ring. Also Luke Poncho from childhood, friend gave it to me and he died not long after.

Jez

Sith Lord
Cop out answer I know but I smile whenever I look at my collection.
Big smiles come from my lost childhood collection loft find and the Meccano Jawa MOC bought for me by Grant, Chris and Iain after the first Farthest From.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
A survivor of my childhood too; What makes me smile the most in my collection is a Biker Scout that when I started dating my (now) wife, some 23 years ago, I gave her to take interrailing while I went off to Uni and she sent me pics of him in front of the sites of Europe. Don't have the pics, but I do still have her and the Scout!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom