Vintage POTF MOC, Recarding and Critical Diagnostics

iceworm

This is my first post.

I am starting to purchase MOC POTF figures. I have a few MOC ROTJ, but I want to know some key diagnostics when weeding out recards--assuming the seller doesn't state his POTF figure is a recard.

I know the factory ink on original cards is better and images generally look sharper. I know about the waffle pattern and yellow bubbles.

I also heard about reseals...not sure how those look.

Comparison photos would be helpful.

Is the original card stock thickness different on an Original vs. Recard? (You need a micrometer for those readings.)

Thanks for your help and information. I'm trying to avoid getting burned on e-bay. (Yep, good luck!!!)

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I've only ever bought a repo card off ebay once. I had been out of the game for 8 years and since then the repo game had exploded.

All i can say is that i could tell it was a repo through the bubble wrap.

The card was super stiff, made of some strong glossy white card.

The print was pixely and shite.

didnt bother checking anything else. Just put it back in the box and sent it back. (recorded).

TwistedMetal

Sith Lord
Hi mate has happened too me too, the punch hole was too central and the punch had been pushed back in from the other side and the card was so newly lasered it was trash and the bloody thing cost me £120.00 lol, but atleast the twat took it back :)

iceworm

Hi guys,

Thank you for the replies.

>Maulster79: I had been out of the game for 8 years and since then the repo game had exploded.

Yep, REPRO and recards are getting better by the minute. It is really a minefield.

>TwistedMetal: the punch hole was too central and the punch had been pushed back

I seen a Leia poncho ROTJ with an incorrect punch hole. Also, the cardback was not as sharp.

The ONLY way I could determine it was a recard was from my original Leia poncho cardback that I kept since 1983.

I have NO POTF figures or cardbacks.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I think Gary has a load of POTF MOC's he's selling. Tatsie had a few for sale as well.
If you want to go the graded route I have pretty much all of them.

Have a look in the for sale section.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom