Travel guilt?

lejackal

Grand Master
Just seeing how people feel about visiting some filming locations.

I've had Croatia on my list of places I'd like to see for probably 10 years plus, but with Star Wars and GoT (amongst others) I wonder if it's somewhere that's actually a bit taboo? The locals that don't make money probably hate it, and the architecture itself is probably getting ruined through the extra footfall.

Does anyone else run through this conundrum before travelling to places? Particularly those that you know are film franchise related?

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I'm of a certain age that if I want to go and can afford it, off I go…🤔🙄, if I don't someone else's will.

I went to Yugoslavia before it imploded, and loved it immensely, it's one place I regret not having been back to since.

Where are the locations?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I think they'd welcome the extra footfall in Croatia. They rely a lot on tourism and can support it fine, as far as I know. Been twice (first time when Yugoslavia was still in one piece) and again for a big family holiday a few years ago. Beautiful place. Dubrovnik is simply stunning. Wildlife amazing- tortoises, snakes, glass lizards etc all roaming the garden. Worth doing an island boat trip if you go.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
I think they'd welcome the extra footfall in Croatia. They rely a lot on tourism and can support it fine, as far as I know. Been twice (first time when Yugoslavia was still in one piece) and again for a big family holiday a few years ago. Beautiful place. Dubrovnik is simply stunning. Wildlife amazing- tortoises, snakes, glass lizards etc all roaming the garden. Worth doing an island boat trip if you go.
Absolutely loved the island ferries, a great and cheap (well they were when we went) to see the islands, combined with a trip on the water.
@lejackal , if you go we will want to see pictures.😀

lejackal

Grand Master
I know lots of people go every year to ancient and WH sites, I just wondered if people had ever considered the damage they may be doing to the very sites we all want to see.

I'm not going this year (off to Sardinia in a few months) but will share pics if I go somewhere noteworthy

Latest posts

Top Bottom