Tharren xxx from Ireland has 'odd' selling ethics:

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Since he may not be able to dispute my 'allegations' I will attempt to be impartial:

Tharren had a MIB Motojet for sale on FB. PUBLICALLY: I asked how much ?, he replied 40 pounds, I immediately said consider it sold.

within seconds:

Me:Hi, I'd love that speeder bike. Let me know postage to Western Australia & I'll zip you over Paypal ASAP. Cheers

Him:i will go to the post office first thing in the morning buddy
Thursday 2:57am

James i have had an offer on my speederbike for the double the price i really need the money i hope you understand
Thursday 6:28am
Me:No mate, I understand the needing the money but I want to know who the ****er is.

he is a friend also ha ha

really sorry drives me mad when this happens to me so cant say sorry enough
Me:Your 'friend' is an unethical ****.

Me:I understand money is important- that was made clear right from the start. Perhaps you didn't realise how mad I'd be. I think I've made a fair solution to this problem? ( which was to match the double offer )

you sure have please give me a chance to talk to my friend as he is a close friend (who has given me many nice star wars toys) i am sure he will understand

He has blocked me.

Key facts: No money exchanged hands , 40 pounds was a bargain (he had recently aquired it) He did 'mis-label' it Palitoy. I did go stark raving mad that I missed out on filling a gap in my collection. He did delete his for sale thread.

Maybe I was wrong to "assume" we had a deal, I let you decide on who you would deal/buy/trade from in the future.

walkie

Sith Lord
tiefighterboy said:
You did have a deal. He chose to to be a prick and go for a backdoor deal. He is a flaming ****.

Totally agree with Tony here.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
walkie said:
tiefighterboy said:
You did have a deal. He chose to to be a prick and go for a backdoor deal. He is a flaming ****.

Tony? Do you mean Todd? :wink:

To James that stinks mate and is really bad form from the seller! What a dickhead! :twisted:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Dark Sith Lord said:
walkie said:
tiefighterboy said:

Tony? Do you mean Todd? :wink:

To James that stinks mate and is really bad form from the seller! What a dickhead! :twisted:

Yeah, not on. Once you agree a deal that's that in my book. Double your money is seriously tempting but when the original buyer agrees to match that, you have no excuse. Piss poor form. One to add to the banned list.

Whereabouts on my island was he from?

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
Saw your rant On FB aswell James, it Always suck when someone backdoors you if a deal was made and surely if it was an item you really wanted for your personal collection.

weasel said:
Whereabouts on my island was he from?

Love this, really reminds me on the irish nutter from the movie Braveheart. :lol:

Frunkstar

Grand Master
You are spot on James, the guy is a scuzzbucket, I have made errors in the past myself on pricing & have been offered much better offers on items I have agreed prices with on with buyers & although the prospect of more from a sale would always be nice, it is totally & utterly unethical not to mention plain wrong!, I am sure you remember the meccano square card Leia I had & sold on here, let it go for £50, was offered a lot more, but a deal is a deal, saying that even being honest can back fire, the guy I sold that to said it was for his collection & would be staying with him, next think its been re sealed & up on ebay :shock:

The human condition is a strange one, I always remember this line in a film I once saw where someone was going on about how cruel animals can be, the line was - " well you don't see them ****ing each other over for a dollar "

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom