Palitoy Cantina

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I snagged this last night, wanted one for ages and this has been the best condition one that I've seen for sale (minus the doors) - good deal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-STAR-WARS-CANTINA-playset-Palitoy-BOXED-vgc-RARE-/261690774227?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=mtd8yvubWjo1m%252Bvv3SBgOfwAGqE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

kingshearer

Jedi Master
SublevelStudios said:
I snagged this last night, wanted one for ages and this has been the best condition one that I've seen for sale (minus the doors) - good deal?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-STAR-WARS-CANTINA-playset-Palitoy-BOXED-vgc-RARE-/261690774227?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=mtd8yvubWjo1m%252Bvv3SBgOfwAGqE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
The box looks great - so hard to get one which still has it's shape. I would say a fair price but it is a rarish playset.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I really had to force myself to pull the buy it now trigger, but I figured if it ran on the auction it would probably end up north of that figure given how ebay can be these days and had no idea how long I'd have to wait for another in a box as good as that to come along.

Did you find a set of doors for yours Todd?

The quest for mine begins...

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
I really had to force myself to pull the buy it now trigger, but I figured if it ran on the auction it would probably end up north of that figure given how ebay can be these days and had no idea how long I'd have to wait for another in a box as good as that to come along.

Did you find a set of doors for yours Todd?

The quest for mine begins...

I now own one.....need the other one. :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
kingshearer said:
tiefighterboy said:
I think you did Ok…but finding those doors can be a pain in the ass.
I'm fortunate enough to have the doors with mine but need the tape.

Ok...I await the beatings...but in this instance.....I would suggest finding a similar material and making a copy of the tape. The odds of finding the actual tape for the door hinges is impossible.

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Your cantina is 50% less draughty than mine then mate! If by any coincidence I happen across 3 doors, you can have the 3rd :D :D :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
This arrived yesterday - the box is REALLY good, much better than in the photo, no crushing, hardly any ware just some warping of the end flaps. Glad I bought it now :D :D :D

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
SublevelStudios said:
This arrived yesterday - the box is REALLY good, much better than in the photo, no crushing, hardly any ware just some warping of the end flaps. Glad I bought it now :D :D :D

Awesome. Congraulations mate :) Great acquistion

Jez

Sith Lord
Very nice well done.
I wonder what other music they play in the cantina, maybe The Doors?

kingshearer

Jedi Master
SublevelStudios said:
Sound. It's also nice (but rare) when the item ends up being better than described.
Have you got all the Palitoy playsets now?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
kingshearer said:
Sound. It's also nice (but rare) when the item ends up being better than described.
Have you got all the Palitoy playsets now?

It really was a nice surprise - sooooooo many times I've bought items off feebay described as 'mint' or 'excellent' only for them to arrive in C7 condition at best!

This is my first Pali Playset, just missed out on a Land of the Jawas couple of days ago, boxed but missing a few bits and one of the flaps was torn. Went for £160 in the end. It's high on my wants list along with a Pali X-Wing (SW) and Landpseeder.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom