Palitoy 45a IG88

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Bought from Andy @ Action Force Toys afew weeks ago, now on ebay with a ridiculous premium on top:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars...786?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf36e5062

Annoying to see people flipping items so blatantly and keeping them out of real collectors hands to make afew scabby quid.

One item wouldn't really bother me, we've all flipped stuff from time to time, but it's not the only one, there were at least four other 45as all bought from Andy and all listed by this seller which is taking the piss imo, and there are probably more coming.

Full disclosure - I tried to buy some of these from Andy, for my collection, not to make a buck out of. However, someone got in before a deal could be done (quite obvious who that was now). I'd have been fine if it were another collector, I'd have put that down to bad fortune, but this just annoys me.

indianawars

Sith Lord
It's happened to me a few times - sold something, then a week later I see it relisted for three times as much. I can't really moan about it, as it is now their item to do whatever they want with it. I just always hope when I sell something these days that it ends up in the hands of a collector who truly will appreciate the item instead of looking at a way of ripping off newbies! All I do from now on is if I catch someone reselling something I've sold them, but has been relisted for a ridiculous sum of money I just add them to my buyers block list.
I've said it before, the collectors set the market prices on what we are willing to pay, not what the seller thinks we should pay.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
It's happened to me a few times - sold something, then a week later I see it relisted for three times as much. I can't really moan about it, as it is now their item to do whatever they want with it. I just always hope when I sell something these days that it ends up in the hands of a collector who truly will appreciate the item instead of looking at a way of ripping off newbies! All I do from now on is if I catch someone reselling something I've sold them, but has been relisted for a ridiculous sum of money I just add them to my buyers block list.
I've said it before, the collectors set the market prices on what we are willing to pay, not what the seller thinks we should pay.

I know what you're saying, but this isn't a case of flipping, this is someone cornering the market and shafting real collectors.

Andys prices were so high I just hope that the twat has got his maths wrong and loses money on every one of them :lol:

monkeyboy

Padawan
jedisearcher said:
indianawars said:

I know what you're saying, but this isn't a case of flipping, this is someone cornering the market and shafting real collectors.

Andys prices were so high I just hope that the twat has got his maths wrong and loses money on every one of them :lol:
Just what I thought, most of his stuff is grossly overpriced to begin with, anyone making a profit on top is doing well.
More annoying for me is another collector who begs hefty discounts 'for his own personal collection' and then flips them a fortnight later, familiar anyone?

Palifan

Sith Lord
I must admit that this flipping thing really does annoy me. :evil:

I do think though that if someone buys something from ebay at a cheap price and then let's it go straight away then that's fair game ( even though I still think it's taking it out of some collectors hands who now wouldn't be able to afford it), but when it's a member of a collecting forum like this, that just doesn't sit right with me. I always thought that was a big part of these types of forums, helping out other collectors who are looking to expand or improve on their collections. I agree with the comments that Andy's figures are priced high so I'm not so sure buying those to flip is such a sound finacial judgement but best of luck if you want to try.

It's probably slight naive of me to think that people just want an item for themselves but it would be nice if it worked more like that.

Ian

indianawars

Sith Lord
Palifan said:

I do think though that if someone buys something from ebay at a cheap price and then let's it go straight away then that's fair game ( even though I still think it's taking it out of some collectors hands who now wouldn't be able to afford it), but when it's a member of a collecting forum like this, that just doesn't sit right with me. I always thought that was a big part of these types of forums, helping out other collectors who are looking to expand or improve on their collections. I agree with the comments that Andy's figures are priced high so I'm not so sure buying those to flip is such a sound finacial judgement but best of luck if you want to try.

It's probably slight naive of me to think that people just want an item for themselves but it would be nice if it worked more like that.

Ian

Nicely put Ian...

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
Palifan said:

Ian

Nicely put Ian...

Seconded :D

kingshearer

Jedi Master
I can see both sides here.
I love collecting Palitoy carded SW figures but now I'm resigned to the fact that I'll probably never get my hands on another figure to add to my collection. This is a result of the last few years where prices have gone through the roof, caused by Market forces like the wave of new collectors, the Boba and VCJ sales and the frenzy generated for episode 7.
At the same time it's nice to help out fellow genuine collectors, if you can. But with Palitoy card backs the price difference with selling to a collector friend on here and selling on ebay to the highest bidder could run into hundreds of pounds difference.
You'll always have the dealers using underhand tactics and nudging the prices up and making profit just like in any other antiques market.
I suppose I console myself with the fact that if I fall on hard times I should have a nice little nest egg there.

coomber75

Sith Lord
Agree arrived here a year or so ago looking to sell my loose attic find, but guys were so helpful and encouraging told me had a vinyl caped jawa now have complete loose Set and 50 odd moc mainly from here as trust the sellers at sensible prices to help us out.
Ps thanks all you've costed me a bloody fortune lol

Joe

Grand Master
4f089f832cc2fe65d6dc98a0481fa042e88a0e459961e4cf03.jpg

beginner

Jedi Knight
kingshearer said:
I can see both sides here.
This is a result of the last few years where prices have gone through the roof, caused by Market forces like the wave of new collectors, the Boba and VCJ sales and the frenzy generated for episode 7..

agree

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom