Millennium falcon Lego set 10179

Markobucko

Youngling
Hi have for sale the rare first edition in brand new sealed box .
Bought at same time as the star destroyer and Death Star but I sadly opened these 2 and built them.
Would there be any interest in someone wanting this on here??

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi buddy ,

Please can you read the thread on for sale items , you must put a price on and also the section you have put it in is the vintage section , yours should be in general sales

It would also be nice to introduce yourself

Good luck

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Just as a point of interest, these aren't really rare sets, just stupidly expensive. The appeal of Lego Star Wars is not as great as the appeal of vintage Star Wars so these have a limited audience.

There are generally several of these sets for sale on eBay and Amazon at any given time. They are just listed at crazy money. (£3k+)

I have never seen the appeal of sealed boxed Lego. If I have the set I want to build it.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
You're both correct: these are overpriced and they are also not rare. However, they are highly desirable and are a very good representation of the Falcon. As such, supply and demand dictate the price. The big factor here is that both Lego and SW have both increased massively in popularity since this set was discontinued in around 2010. This set appeals to some SW collectors, some Lego collectors and all SW Lego collectors! Yak Face isn't rare but he regularly sells for 2 or even 3 times his value. Same argument here, I'm afraid.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Markobucko said:
What constitutes rare??
5 of them boxed 1st editions on eBay
Hardly massive numbers guys.

5 available at any one time in my opinion isn't rare, to me that is readily available.
Rare to me is something which you can't buy whenever you feel like it as numbers are limited.

Markobucko

Youngling
Fair point mate..
I think I could go on eBay in 2 years time and the same one will still be there. I have a guy interested at 3k euro for mine , there's no way someone's getting those crazy figures on the bay.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Lego certainly appears to demand a high fee, clearly highly desirable, 3k would be an amazing return if you purchased this at the on the shelf fee

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Another thing with this particular set that is worth bearing in mind is that this is the second largest production Lego set ever produced behind the Taj Mahal. This thing weighs in at nearly 5200 pieces (compared to the Taj Mahal's 5800+ pieces)

That adds quite a bit of desirability to the set. However I must agree, anything that can be purchased any day of the week from eBay or Amazon, albeit for a lot of money, is not rare.

I wish you the best of luck with your set. €3000 is a lot of dough for 5200 pieces of Lego.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom