''i have some starwars stuff its worth a fortune''.......

poncho

Grand Master
so im having lunch in work, i make a 'for **** sake' mumble as i stare at my phone as i loose out on another moc on ebay, a common thing for me.

a work colleague says whats the matter...so so blah blah i collection old toys blah blah

i then elaborate as he seems interested in :) i tell him i collection vintage starwars. he then says i have all the figures and ships in my loft there were £thousands£ :lol:

really i say they must be in the original boxes then. no he said but i know there worth lots of money. do have they weapons i say, he says no but there in hardly worn...i roll my eyes :roll:. the falcon is still in its box he then tells me, but it missing a few pieces. i roll my eyes again

i have come to the conclusion none collectors are delusional

this is not the first time i have had a similar conversation...im sure you guys have had similar

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Its because of those news stories of the fx7 and jawa..

recently a friend of mine in the us got given a box of loose figs, on facebook she was chuffed that her kids had some new toys, but others were spouting "go to ebay".. the box had a couple of vintage bounty hunters but it was all potf2. It took a long discussion where I had to argue these were not the retirement fund, and were worth little aside from play value.

"Theres ig88, hes worth a lot"...

I ended up boring everyone with the truth... :(

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
A few years ago i got a new job, a few weeks after i started i mentioned to one of the workers that i collected vintage toys "oh you wanna get chatting to the boss he into all those star wars toys" im thinking yeah alright i bet its just a bunch of modern stuff? anyway i get talking to the boss about it and straight away i get a "oh yeah ive got most of it you know your yak faces and blue snaggletooths" :shock: "come and look at this, it just came in the post" it was the ewok village!

a few days later he shows me pics on his phone of his "star wars room" it was the nuts! he had all the playsets set up with all the figures plus ships hanging with fishing wire.

chazb73

Sith Lord
I know someone on FB who has a few figs no weapons and often states "very rare these"

He also has a repro stormtrooper card (I've seen it it's a repro stormie inside also) and puts it on FB "very rare this one" :lol:

There's no telling him :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I have lost track of the number of people who tell me they have a collection thats worth a fortune. The alternative is "I had all of the figures and vehicles when I was a kid. I should have kept them all. I would be rich now". Tell these people about the legendary rocket firing fett and most of the time they will be insistent that they had one.

What I like is when I tell people what I collect, and they tell me they are worth a lot of money. Thats usually followed by "If they were still in there boxes they would be worth loads". When I tell them the they are, or show them a MOC the reaction is amazing. Normally "These are worth loads of money you know. You should get them valued"

I have half a wardrobe of the ****ing things. Do you think I don't know what they are or how much they are worth!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
I have half a wardrobe of the ****ing things. Do you think I don't know what they are or how much they are worth!

Literally just almost slipped off the sofa with the giggles on that one as I'm sure I have actually said that out loud (swap wardrobe for room) in the same situation! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
When i first started collecting in 6th form, i used to try and buy some of my classmates old figures.

I got quite a few loosies that way but this one guy kept going on and on about how he had an AT-AT and he was going to be a rich man and it would see him for retirement.

I hope he's got a pension cos i cant really see that working out for him.

scott82

Jedi Knight
I had a friend of a friend who had heard I collected and told me he had a few loose figures from his childhood I could buy, intrigued I had alook and there were a couple that werent in bad condition but werent complete i still wasnt put off but only when he asked me for 150 quid for the chewbacca and 100 for the rancor guard I decided to pass...... where do people get price ideas from??? :?

Jez

Sith Lord
A mate at work told me his brother had collected a load of old Star Wars toys and he was going to offer me first refusal. For ages I was kept waiting, with promises of photos. I had visions of last 17s A-Wing ships even a skiff. Photos arrived this week, all modern. I nearly puked

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Got a text from a guy a few months ago saying his mate was selling his childhood collection and he had talked him into giving me 1st refusal
Was obviously excited thinking I'd struck gold. Got the pictures and nothing was complete all the vehicles were missing parts and all were so yellowed and worn it looked as though he'd just dug them up from his sandpit after 30 years.
I was really nice about it and even commented that it was obvious they had been well played with which was nice to see as they were toys blah blah blah but you could see the boy was pissed off that I wasn't willing to buy everything for hundreds of pounds

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom