Does this look odd to anyone?

Palifan

Sith Lord
I wasn't going to put this up as I didn't want to out a live auction but it's now sold and I wondered if anyone thinks this looks a bit odd?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-The-Empire-Strikes-Han-Solo-Hoth-Outfit-1980-Palitoy-/181178709077?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item2a2f17b455&nma=true&si=qvJKvIir5IXAlGi8f3lBvi4Cz2c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

If anyone wants me to take this down for some reason then please let me know, apologies in advance. :)

Ian

itfciain

Grand Master
The bubble looks rather big but it is hard to tell from that one picture. There is also a rule of thumb that anything with just one picture inside a star case is always a bit suspect

Palifan

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
The bubble looks rather big but it is hard to tell from that one picture. There is also a rule of thumb that anything with just one picture inside a star case is always a bit suspect

The bubble was the thing that looks off to me and the fact that this was a 24 hour listing and they're in the star cases makes me think something's not right. the seller said that the Han and the other 30 back he had both were sold outside of ebay so I hope the buyer knows what to look for when they receive them. They may well be all good although I asked about the Tri R2 he has up and he said he thinks it's real.....what do you think?

itfciain

Grand Master
It might just be the angle but the bubble looks big on that one as well. I have googled some other images of R2 Pop ups and the figure seems a lot close to the top of the bubble that he does in that pic

Joe is probably the best to ask about that one tho

As a side note - not sure about the sellers name, not quite as bad as Joeytherat that the had the other day - but comes close !

Palifan

Sith Lord
I thought of asking Joe as I didn't want to out it but I can't PM him and I'm pretty sure that the bubble isn't right (not that I'm anyway near close to being an expert on Tri Logo's). Maybe he'll notice this thread and chip in.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
itfciain said:

Good rule of thumb :wink:

In this case strengthened by the baby wipes in the background...!

Can't give an opinion on it though, good feedback, all on Star Wars items and plenty of vintage.

'Figure is in great condition' seems odd for a MOC listing.

I will have it for 99p and free postage though :lol:

rob71

Sith Lord
That must be the rare "half-white footer" variant :wink:

Even to my novice eye everything about the whole bubble looks suspect. Hope the buyer wasn't ripped off by too much.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
itfciain said:

Interesting Thanks for the tip mate :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom