Computer problems ?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys I got myself a new Blu-ray drive for my computer yesterday. I put the drive in my computer and startede the computer but now it can't find my hard drive :shock: I have removed the new blu-ray drive again but that did not help :evil: Any idea what could be wrong ? I fear my hard drive is broken.

If it is broken and does not work can I then still get the stuff from my hard drive out and over on another hard drive ?

plantman

Sith Lord
the computer wouldnt boot if the hard drive wasnt there, do you mean a second hard drive inside the computer?

usually a new drive would be assigned a drive letter, you probably just need to assign the blueray drive a letter in the computer management / disk management console and then it will appear again. there may be a drive letter conflict, sometimes happens when inserting USB drives too.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
plantman said:
the computer wouldnt boot if the hard drive wasnt there, do you mean a second hard drive inside the computer?

usually a new drive would be assigned a drive letter, you probably just need to assign the blueray drive a letter in the computer management / disk management console and then it will appear again. there may be a drive letter conflict, sometimes happens when inserting USB drives too.

Ok I found the problem, the power cable was missing in the hard drive. Strange that I missed that. Maybe because I had not removed it, it must have fallen out when I put a power cable in the blu-ray drive :roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom